Gaming "What Is Wrong With My Computer?" Thread.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
...Why do we not already have one of these?
No Idea.
tongue.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
We do already have one of these. The last one was created by Urza, stickied for a while, then taken down because people were reporting threads for not being put in the sticky.

Either way, people will usually get their questions answered if they ask, so long as they dont ask the same question every month.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
We do already have one of these. The last one was created by Urza, stickied for a while, then taken down because people were reporting threads for not being put in the sticky.

Either way, people will usually get their questions answered if they ask, so long as they dont ask the same question every month.
Actually, if I remember correctly. Urza made the "What Computer should I buy/build thread." That was stickyed and taken down, unless there was another thread that he made saying the same thing. When I put in my title, not much similar things came up with it.

It was just an idea anyways.

@Sausage Head: It isn't just for that.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I changed my tower casing and now i'm not getting any sound from my on-board audio port. Don't know what happened, was working perfectly and i didn't change anything other than the casing which shouldn't cause any problems in my pc performance. Any trouble-shooting tips?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:

As KirbyBoy pointed out that was a buy/build thread.
It was removed because there are simply too many variations on what a "computer" is these days to be encompassed by a single thread.
However, I think this is brilliant!
Be sure to post exactly what sort of computer you are running (specifications, operating system, browsers, et cetera) if you want help.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
I changed my tower casing and now i'm not getting any sound from my on-board audio port. Don't know what happened, was working perfectly and i didn't change anything other than the casing which shouldn't cause any problems in my pc performance. Any trouble-shooting tips?
Well that's a bit weird. By onboard audio do you mean the one on the motherboard or the headphone jack integrated into the case? If its the one in the back of the computer right on the motherboard, make sure your BIOS settings are not cleared and are configured correctly as a case change would not alter drivers but perhaps a reinstallation of the drivers are required. If its the headphone jack then you may have not connected the line from the new case to the motherboard correctly. There are usually two audio connections for the headphone jack for the 9-pin connector on your board. You may get the choice of AC'97 or HD Audio.

Recently, I had to reinstall a new motherboard and a new case and I chose AC'97. To my surprised it didn't work out of the box and I didn't want to deal with new drivers so I switched it to HD Audio and it worked like a charm.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm. I have a mac book pro 2008 model. I noticed the optical disk drive spinning slowly. I though that's weird cause there's no disk in there... And it got faster an d faster till it almost sounded dangerous. I panicked and hard shut it down. I booted it back up and as soon as it was on (like when the mac start up noise sounded) the drive was at it again. Any ideas ?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
I have a touchsmart tx2 1375dx.
If I have two operating systems installed Windows bluescreens randomly and Ubuntu freezes.

If both OS are crashing like that I suspect your memory is bad.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
purplesludge said:
If I have two operating systems installed Windows bluescreens randomly and Ubuntu freezes.

Doesn't happen when I only have 1 OS installed. Also it would get really hot while doing nothing.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
doyama said:
purplesludge said:

Doesn't happen when I only have 1 OS installed. Also it would get really hot while doing nothing.
Mostly just relaying experience. If you think about what components really make up your system you really only have a few options to 'fix'. On a laptop it's even more narrow.

1) Hard drive. I had a hard drive choke my entire system so it wouldn't boot one time. And it wasn't even the boot drive! That was weird.... It's probably worth running a full disk check and also see if the MBR is corrupted somehow.
2) Optical drive. If you can easily eject/remove it you can try that.
3) RAM. This one pretty much covers 99% of all laptop failures, especially 'weird' stuff that's random-ish

Basically if a RAM module swap doesn't fix it, you're totally screwed because it's the CPU/mobo in which case you're better off just buying a new laptop than attempting to replace that.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's good news!

Since you withheld the blinking LED I'm still going to say I was right with the information given
rofl.gif
Plus I've only ever seen a BIOS upgrade fix a problem a handful of times. Maybe... twice?
tongue.gif

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Hakoda said:
sinharvest24 said:
Well that's a bit weird. By onboard audio do you mean the one on the motherboard or the headphone jack integrated into the case? If its the one in the back of the computer right on the motherboard, make sure your BIOS settings are not cleared and are configured correctly as a case change would not alter drivers but perhaps a reinstallation of the drivers are required. If its the headphone jack then you may have not connected the line from the new case to the motherboard correctly. There are usually two audio connections for the headphone jack for the 9-pin connector on your board. You may get the choice of AC'97 or HD Audio.

Recently, I had to reinstall a new motherboard and a new case and I chose AC'97. To my surprised it didn't work out of the box and I didn't want to deal with new drivers so I switched it to HD Audio and it worked like a charm.
Motherboard port, how do i check my BIO settings and what not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool