Gaming "What Is Wrong With My Computer?" Thread.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quietlyawesome94 said:
Hello, Crisis 2 refuses to run on my computer.

Aspire one D255
CPU Intel Atom 1.55 GHZ
1GB DDR3 RAM

ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

I guess this was a joke , right? I know it most likely is but I'm just making sure
rofl.gif

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PC whenever i run like CoD Waw or MW2 or L4D2 in like 10 minutes the monitor goes black and then i have to shut down my whole pc to get it back up again, what is this i dont even. Updated my vid card all the time, updated my monitor driver. What is this i dont even

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AndroidDem0man said:
My PC whenever i run like CoD Waw or MW2 or L4D2 in like 10 minutes the monitor goes black and then i have to shut down my whole pc to get it back up again, what is this i dont even. Updated my vid card all the time, updated my monitor driver. What is this i dont even

It sounds like your graphics card is overheating to me.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I have a computer with Windows XP that works normally, then decides the internet should stop working. Resetting the PC can sometimes help, but usually it requires shutting it down, and waiting a while. Then it will work for a little bit again. The anti-virus software doesn't detect anything besides what it already removed, and what it removed obviously doesn't seem to be the problem. It's not the router or anything--every other system/device connects and uses the internet just fine. And clicking "Disable" or "Repair" for the internet on the computer pops up a window that says it's repairing/disabling the wireless adapter, but it stays there and never goes away, even if you press cancel.
tongue.gif

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Hakoda said:
sinharvest24 said:
I changed my tower casing and now i'm not getting any sound from my on-board audio port. Don't know what happened, was working perfectly and i didn't change anything other than the casing which shouldn't cause any problems in my pc performance. Any trouble-shooting tips?
Well that's a bit weird. By onboard audio do you mean the one on the motherboard or the headphone jack integrated into the case? If its the one in the back of the computer right on the motherboard, make sure your BIOS settings are not cleared and are configured correctly as a case change would not alter drivers but perhaps a reinstallation of the drivers are required. If its the headphone jack then you may have not connected the line from the new case to the motherboard correctly. There are usually two audio connections for the headphone jack for the 9-pin connector on your board. You may get the choice of AC'97 or HD Audio.

Recently, I had to reinstall a new motherboard and a new case and I chose AC'97. To my surprised it didn't work out of the box and I didn't want to deal with new drivers so I switched it to HD Audio and it worked like a charm.
Motherboard port, I checked it and it's enabled. I don't have the HD Audio option as you have, only Realtek '97.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Update your network drivers if you can, since it's most likely a software or driver problem causing your disconnections.
Wow! Thanks! I think you really helped me. I got a driver updater program from some bay thing, and I updated the drivers it told me to. Now the internet doesn't have much problems at all, and the computer doesn't randomly shut off. I love you!
smile.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My desktop won't recognize certain usb devices. To use my wired my mouse I have to use a ps2 adapter same with my wireless I plug the wireless receiver into the adapter and it works. My keyboards works in usb so its not the ports and i had a mouse that worked before but it broke. Also my xgaming arcade stick doesn't work and it is technically a keyboard I think.
All of these work in my laptop so its not the devices and they use the built in drivers and don't require the installation of 3rd party drivers.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
purplesludge said:
My desktop won't recognize certain usb devices. To use my wired my mouse I have to use a ps2 adapter same with my wireless I plug the wireless receiver into the adapter and it works. My keyboards works in usb so its not the ports and i had a mouse that worked before but it broke. Also my xgaming arcade stick doesn't work and it is technically a keyboard I think.
All of these work in my laptop so its not the devices and they use the built in drivers and don't require the installation of 3rd party drivers.
try updating your os this ussualy helps...but you may want not to update if you have a hacktivated os
if you have a legit os then try to do all the updates that comes out

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
purplesludge said:
Quite often, USB driver "profiles" will become corrupted. This is sometimes caused by taking it out and putting it back in, with something going wrong whilst it's loading (or creating) the "profile" for that particular device. A temporary fix is to try another port, however when there's one corrupted, it soon spreads for each USB port (there's a copy for each port).

A slightly more permanent fix, is to find the folder with these profiles and delete all the ones relating to your mouse. This often means deleting entries for HIDs (human interface devices), followed by a restart to flush the memory cache (prevents corruption when reinstalling), then just plugging your USB devices back in one by one and allowing the computer to automatically install the drivers for each device. I've done it a few times now when my mouse stops working on certain laptops, and this method proves to be the most reliable.

The only thing is that I can't remember where the folder is... but someone else will probably answer that for you.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I have this problem with one of my old video cards
CIMG0024.jpg

The blue oval shape/windows logo, as well as the two purple lines on the task/smart bar.
When it turns on this background looks fine, but when startup program starts to load, I start to get these artifacts and freezes a little later. but if I shut it down before it freeze the artifact/corruption goes away and the background looks fine.

Is this the GPU or the video ram? I believe its the vram but for some reason I believe it is the GPU

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
First make sure your drivers are up to date. That often fixes artifacting issues. If it persists, then it's likely a hardware fault (sounds like the VRAM to me, although I'm not an expert on the matter). Either way, probably a time to think about upgrades.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here