ROM Hack What is the problem with 358/2 days?

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have just went on gbatemp and see LOTS of threads about a patch for 358/2 days. I havent downloaded the rom yet tho so im assuming there is some anti piracy program on it like on bowsers inside story. so what exactly happens in the game that makes it unplayable? Also i see something about hex editing or w/e which i dunno what means cuz im not great with computers. but i see it says that it works only for R4's. i have a AK2i, so does the rom work for it or do i have to patch it to? So what exactly would i do to patch it, and explain it in laymans terms plz cuz im not great with computers.

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
you can just use a clean rom of KH on AK2i if youre using AKAIO 1.5

Oh, really? Well then how would i update to 1.5? I currently have 1.4.1, i saw the download link on the home page, but dont know what to do to update it. I have a seperate akaio folder and game folder, so would i just delete the current akaio folder and replace it with the new one? or is it some complicated thing? i got my ak2i a couple of months ago so i dont remember how to do it >.>

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
completely remove the 1.4.1 files and then paste the 1.5 files onto your memory card

so then i CAN just completely delete the 1.4.1 folder and replace it with the 1.5 folder? and then i dont have to patch the 358/2 days rom? sorry if im sounding like a total noob, im not exactly a computers major.

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
yeah just don't paste 1.5 over 1.4.1 since people seem to encounter problems if they do that.

Actually after just looking into my ak2i's micro sd card, im confused. I have 2 folders when i open up the micro sd card, a folder called _aio and a folder for my DS games, when i open up the _aio folder it has a couple of other folders in it and then some files, but i see no folders or files that say 1.4.1 or anything on them. so i dont know what to delete, can someone help me or post a guide plz?

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K man, thnx for all the help u gave me with this. I could just hug u. I know its not fun helping some noob with his AK2i. thnx again.

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was coming in here to say something like you can go in the Acekard 1.5 topic and read or rage over someone asking another KH question but for some reason I'm kinda happy. I may try a helpful approach rather than rage on a newbie.

Terce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess to answer the original question; KH 358/2 days has a single copy protect on it. To fix it, most people have been using a hex editor to disable the protection (I think it's akin to setting the code to always read as a true game). Because it's a single hex edit, not many people have made a patch program for it, or released a patched rom, as clean roms work on some systems (see, what you're doing). The copy protect can also be circumvented by a firmware update for a flashcard (same basic thing, include, in the system files, a patch so that the copy protect isn't triggered). The thing is, the old R4 cards are unsupported, meaning that only patches/hex editing/unreliable updates to third party file systems (shell programs for the R4 card) are the only way to get the games with heavy duty protections on them to work.

Hope that helped with your original question. Good luck on getting it to work on your card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it