Hacking What is the difference between these EZ Flash IV Clients?

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 1.76 and I got the client from the website to transfer some new games. I noticed that the reset function wouldn't work with one. But worked on another.

I see 3 different clients on the EZ Flash IV website:

EZ4_20140306

EZ4_2014

EZ4_20070521
- This is the one I tried that got the reset function to work on games

Which one should I be using??

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Because all versions that can be found use the same exact features and still all have the same header, really, it depends on preference I suppose. If your reset function works in one, use that! The others are no different really.

Keep in mind though that some games, namely the 32mb/256mbit games (Mother 3, Touhou Puppet Play, etc...) will always fail to reset and you have to do a power cycle to save.

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because all versions that can be found use the same exact features and still all have the same header, really, it depends on preference I suppose. If your reset function works in one, use that! The others are no different really.

Keep in mind though that some games, namely the 32mb/256mbit games (Mother 3, Touhou Puppet Play, etc...) will always fail to reset and you have to do a power cycle to save.

Will using the newer clients maybe help me get Pokemon games to save correctly after using link cable trades?

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Will using the newer clients maybe help me get Pokemon games to save correctly after using link cable trades?

All versions will patch the save file system the same, so really it comes down to making sure you have the proper save format selected when patching, and ensuring you reset/power cycle (GBA Off then On) and don't skip the beginning prompt (At "Press L to bypass!" Don't do anything here) to save the changes since last play session to the memory.
Otherwise, there exist alternate tools which, while not specifically for the EZ-Flash IV, does still work since the cart basically works off of VisualBoyAdvance saves (Using VBA to generate save files and simply transferring them works too!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay