Hacking What Is The Current State of Wii U Homebrew?

PixelPerfectPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was looking to port my engine over to Wii U, and was wondering what the current state of homebrew is for the main firmwares (5.3.2, 5.4.0, 5.5.0/1). More specifically, what are the limitations to be aware of? How intensive can a piece of homebrew be?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking to port my engine over to Wii U, and was wondering what the current state of homebrew is for the main firmwares (5.3.2, 5.4.0, 5.5.0/1). More specifically, what are the limitations to be aware of? How intensive can a piece of homebrew be?
Well, nobody's really attempted anything of that scale but it's theoretically possible with the homebrew launcher and kind of with the userspace ELF loader. The big thing to worry about is organizing memory and also getting basic graphics working. You have one gigabyte worth of memory in MEM2 for code + data plus a 32MB cache with really fast memory in MEM1, which you wanna use for high-use data like textures. All of this is only theoretical because we have to use hacks to overwrite the existing application because we don't have enough access to disable checks to install stuff so we can run RPX in a clean environment. I was planning to get that big eventually but it's a really big pain right now.

Reactions: PixelPerfectPlays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66