Gaming What is the BEST RPG in your opinion?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of what I think will be the best RPG's for DS either aren't out yet or are Japan only for now:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Avalon Code
Winds of Nostalgia
Dragon Quest 5 and 6 (I know they are remakes, but they count since they never made it to the US)
Black Sigil
Phantasy Star 0
Dragon Quest IX
Mario and Luigi 3

You get my point. That being said, the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger remakes are great, but they can't really count when showing off a system since they are remakes. Not to diss them, but they've been done before. I never played Dragon Quest 4, and it's one of my favorites right now.

TWEWY is really fun, despite the fact that I am way too lazy to spell it out.
wink.gif
Mario and Luigi PiT (laziness strikes again) is I believe unfairly bashed and a great addition to the Mario RPG series. Sure it's not quite as good as the other Mario RPGs, but it's still great in its own right.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
You get my point. That being said, the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger remakes are great, but they can't really count when showing off a system since they are remakes.

While you have a valid point, I have to partly disagree.

I've never played CT. I've heard it was good, but I don't like spending that much time in front of the TV alone when I could be playing games with others. Now that CT is portable, I want to play it.

Emulation aside, of course.
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
granville said:
You get my point. That being said, the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger remakes are great, but they can't really count when showing off a system since they are remakes.

While you have a valid point, I have to partly disagree.

I've never played CT. I've heard it was good, but I don't like spending that much time in front of the TV alone when I could be playing games with others. Now that CT is portable, I want to play it.

Emulation aside, of course.
tongue.gif
Well I certainly agree that it's great. And even more so able to stand on its own since you've never played it! Standing on its own without considering it's a port, I WOULD say it's one of the best RPGs on the DS.
yaynds.gif

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
On the DS, I'm pretty sure it's The World Ends With You, though Final Fantasy IV was extremely good and really surprised me, being a 17 year old game that I had already finished once and didn't enjoy it at all...

Overall, my favorite is problably Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. That's an effin' fun game.
smile.gif

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
On DS: FF IV (very good remake)
Overall: Chrono Cross / Xenogears (i don't know wich one choose). For me the best of SQUARE.

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
#1 - Chrono Trigger (Snes)
#2 - Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
#3 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
#4 - Legend of Zelda: OoT (N64)
#5 - PoPoLoCrois (PSP)

Well that is my top 5 list. It is kind of hard to pick just the one best, so these are just my favorite 5.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
#3 - Chrono Trigger (Snes)
#1 - Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
#2 - Legend of Zelda: OoT (N64)

Or something like that, WoW also get some honorable mentions. Though i guess mmoRPG is a completly different genre than just rpg x-d

LFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On DS: TWEWY. Greatest game for the console imo.
On GBA: Mother 3. The best story in any game I've ever played, topped with brimming awesomeness. Sound battles were great.
On PSP: Patapon, damnit.
PATAPON
On PS3: Well, I've only got the demo of it, but I'm saying Valkyria Chronicles. Buy it. Buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +1