Gaming What is the BEST RPG in your opinion?

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
no more heros and mario galaxy isnt a rpg
blink.gif

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Fat Controller said:
I wouldn't go that far. The story in FFVI was better, but why should it be miles ahead of VII?
Because I thought Cloud was a jackass, and Seph was to me a rather mediocre villian, I suppose he seemed so much worse after coming fresh from FFVI who had Kefka as the main antagonist. Overall, I just liked all the characters- good and bad from FFVI over VII.

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chrono trigger is the only rpg I kind of enjoy, probably because it gives me nostalgic memories. Most rpgs are crazy boring and repetitive and just less fun than action games.

I just think some RPG's have a problem with leaving the player to find otu what he has to do next. Like talking to some random merchant in a desert bazaar to be able to continue the story, how am I supposed to know to do that? Should I just go to every town and talk to everyone after everything I do? I don't mind it when it says after I do something I should go see X in X town, but when I do something, then it just leaves me to guess what's next is where I don't enjoy it.

My vote goes for Chrono Trigger, and hopefully once it comes out Phantasy Star Zero.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay-wise, probably my two favorites are Pokemon D/P and Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker.

Story-wise, The World Ends with You -- no contest.

Chrono Trigger? An absurdly over-rated relic.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loony747 said:
I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Quest series. No cliche story, no gimmicks. Just old school grinding. Love it.
No gimmicks? What I hate most about DQ games is the stupid pointless text that pops up when you do something such as find an item.. it's like 'you opened the treasure chest' press A, 'you obtained a potion!' press A, 'where do you want to store the potion?' the bag damn it! 'potion was stored in bag!' press A. Finally!! Now I can get back to playing the actual game lol!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-