Hacking What is the BEST GBA flashcart for NDS?

miretank

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am looking for a GBA flashcart for NDS to play GBA games and GBA homebrew.
yaynds.gif

I've been reading about EZFlash 3in1 and it looks good - but you can only store one game at a time and I am not sure on how do you inject the roms to the cart.

Is there a flashcart that you can store multiple roms (MicroSD would be cool) and access it from a GBA game? I want to trade Pokémons from R/S/E to D/P/P.

Any inputs are welcome!

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
The 3in1 is awesome. You only store 1 ROM at a time on it because you store all of your ROMs on the Slot-1 card, then the Slot-1 card's firmware takes care of handling the save file and flashing ROMs and whatnot, so basically (depending on what Slot-1 card you have) launching a GBA game should seem no different than launching an NDS game, except a longer load time. I know the Acekard 2.1/i supports it, and Wood R4 supports 1 of the 3 hardware revisions of it (I'm working on a patch that supports the other 2). Basically, unless you have an M3 Slot-1 card (which explicitly blacklist the 3in1 due to conflicts between the M3 and EZFlash teams) I would definitely suggest the 3in1. The 3in1 also has a rumble pack and works as a RAM expansion for the NDS Browser. Win
yaynds.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the best slot-2 i've ever owned and used is the m3 lite. it is no longer produced but some sites still carry it for around $90 USD. it has near perfect gba compatibility with real time save and real time clock. the second best would be the ez iv, which is basically a 3in1 with a mini-sd slot. you can find the ez iv for under $35 and it is still produced by ez flash. the 3in1 is an alternative if you simply want to run gba files and not have any of the bells and whistles of a full blown slot-2 flash kit. the 3in1 should be thought of as an expansion kit, that expands what your slot-1 can't do (gba functionality). there is also the ismart mm, iplayer, and scds2 to consider. they are all cpu enhanced slot-1 cards that offer a gba emulator. gba homebrew support is hit or miss while rom compatibility is high but not perfect.

-another world

DiziDeals

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't resist but also to suggest the DSTwo card.
Also works on NDS and has GBA built in without need for any other slot hardware.
Seems to be the easy way to go although the price is steeper ofcourse.

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
the ez 3in1 is great plus you have the rumble function and expansion ram for homebrews like opera browser and ds linux

if you search a reliable shop to get it, click in my signature

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only gba flashcart with a microSD and RTC and RTS was the M3 perfect. They don't make them or sell them anymore. You will have to get that from another user in the trading section, you have to meet the access requirements for that first.

Runner up you can a M3 GEP which has the RTC, no microSD, no RTS. It is not capable of running in a GBA, if your looking to do that eventually. It is a slot1 DEPENDANT device. (Pokemon users will want to go this route.)
(currently found as part of the M3 bundle, very few vendors have it sold seperately.)

For those that don't realy care for that have a 3in1 or not as much, does everything the M3 GEP does except for the RTC. Can run in a GBA if you configured the 3in1 correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1