Homebrew What is the best *.cia installer right now?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Osga21 SOON!2 handles CIA files installation with the same fails as any other CIA installer created with the actual Homebrew SDKs, also FBI is not safer than DevMenu. FBI shows NAND and SD titles, DevMenu only shows SD titles.
@Ruby Gloom not all the CIA installers installs files at the same speed
@Ev1l0rd to "decide" the "best" cia installer (or uninstaller) we must think carefully, there is no a "best" one in every point, just check my conclussions:

Now that everyone of you are asking about the "BEST" cia installer, let's say something:

About security:
WARNING:
Every HOMEBREW cia installer WILL HAVE TROUBLES installing Updates and DLC contents (by example: Custom Themes). Just check the "Howling Theme Tool" thread and you will see, there are a lot of people talking about the troubles of installing DLC contents with Homebrew installers.
To install Updates and DLC contents USE ONLY OFFICIAL NINTENDO INSTALLERS aka: DevMenu or his mod: BigBlueMenu
You can use HOMEBREW installers without any kind of fear, they will install flawless and in most cases, will install faster.
About bricking: FBI, NASA and BigRedMenu shows NAND titles, so you have to be careful because YOU MAY BRICK your 3DS using them.
SOON!2, DevMenu and BigBlueMenu shows ONLY SDMC titles, so you are safe, you will NEVER BRICK your 3DS using them.

About speed:
My speed test results installing Extetra:
1- SOON!2 v2.0.0 = 08:37:132
2- BigRedMenu 1.5 = 08:41:683
3- FBI 1.4.17 = 08:54:361
4- DevMenu 11.4 = 09:10:917
5- NASA 1.1 = 09:45:630
6- BigBlueMenu = 09:56:126
(displayed as: minutes:seconds:milliseconds)

About interface, in my opinion, this is my top 5 of best interfaces:
1- SOON!2 (cool interface, user friendly and shows cover art, also, childproof and intuitive)
2- DevMenu / BigBlueMenu (intuitive simple interface with everything well arranged)
3- FBI (haves a good interface with everything displayed on it, but it's not so well arranged in my opinion)
4- NASA (it's kinda hard "imagine" which button I have to press to do something as it does not displays any information)
5- BigRedMenu (same as NASA, but this one also starts in "NAND" section and I have to imagine with fear what should I press to change to "SD")

Final recommendations:
- For installing Games / Applications: Use "SOON!2"
- For installing DLC and Updates: Use "DevMenu" or "BigBlueMenu"
- For deleting games:
If you want to keep your game's savedata:
Use System Settings and you will be able to keep your savedata and easily see the game's name and icon
If you do not care about your game's savedata or simply want to delete and application:
Use SOON!2 (it will display the cover art for you game, so you will not mess-up with codes and unique IDs).
SOON!2 will display "APP" for games and applications, "DLC" for downloadable content, "UPD" for updates and "DEMO" for demo games, all in the same place so this will make things a lot of easy too.
- For deleting NAND titles: Use "FBI", "BigRedMenu" or "NASA", but remember to be careful because you can brick your NAND if you delete an important NAND title, do this only if you are 100% sure of what you are doing.
Thanks. This was the reply that I was looking for.

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the case of a nooby user, keep FBI away. I had 3 friends who pressed L in FBI for whatever reason, and installed things to the nand.
Just tell them not to press L before handing them FBI.

DevMen is easier to install with when it comes to noobs.

I personally use DevMen 11.4

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Osga21 SOON!2 handles CIA files installation with the same fails as any other CIA installer created with the actual Homebrew SDKs, also FBI is not safer than DevMenu. FBI shows NAND and SD titles, DevMenu only shows SD titles.
@Ruby Gloom not all the CIA installers installs files at the same speed
@Ev1l0rd to "decide" the "best" cia installer (or uninstaller) we must think carefully, there is no a "best" one in every point, just check my conclussions:

Now that everyone of you are asking about the "BEST" cia installer, let's say something:

About security:
WARNING:
Every HOMEBREW cia installer WILL HAVE TROUBLES installing Updates and DLC contents (by example: Custom Themes). Just check the "Howling Theme Tool" thread and you will see, there are a lot of people talking about the troubles of installing DLC contents with Homebrew installers.
To install Updates and DLC contents USE ONLY OFFICIAL NINTENDO INSTALLERS aka: DevMenu or his mod: BigBlueMenu
You can use HOMEBREW installers without any kind of fear, they will install flawless and in most cases, will install faster.
About bricking: FBI, NASA and BigRedMenu shows NAND titles, so you have to be careful because YOU MAY BRICK your 3DS using them.
SOON!2, DevMenu and BigBlueMenu shows ONLY SDMC titles, so you are safe, you will NEVER BRICK your 3DS using them.

About speed:
My speed test results installing Extetra:
1- SOON!2 v2.0.0 = 08:37:132
2- BigRedMenu 1.5 = 08:41:683
3- FBI 1.4.17 = 08:54:361
4- DevMenu 11.4 = 09:10:917
5- NASA 1.1 = 09:45:630
6- BigBlueMenu = 09:56:126
(displayed as: minutes:seconds:milliseconds)

About interface, in my opinion, this is my top 5 of best interfaces:
1- SOON!2 (cool interface, user friendly and shows cover art, also, childproof and intuitive)
2- DevMenu / BigBlueMenu (intuitive simple interface with everything well arranged)
3- FBI (haves a good interface with everything displayed on it, but it's not so well arranged in my opinion)
4- NASA (it's kinda hard "imagine" which button I have to press to do something as it does not displays any information)
5- BigRedMenu (same as NASA, but this one also starts in "NAND" section and I have to imagine with fear what should I press to change to "SD")

Final recommendations:
- For installing Games / Applications: Use "SOON!2"
- For installing DLC and Updates: Use "DevMenu" or "BigBlueMenu"
- For deleting games:
If you want to keep your game's savedata:
Use System Settings and you will be able to keep your savedata and easily see the game's name and icon
If you do not care about your game's savedata or simply want to delete and application:
Use SOON!2 (it will display the cover art for you game, so you will not mess-up with codes and unique IDs).
SOON!2 will display "APP" for games and applications, "DLC" for downloadable content, "UPD" for updates and "DEMO" for demo games, all in the same place so this will make things a lot of easy too.
- For deleting NAND titles: Use "FBI", "BigRedMenu" or "NASA", but remember to be careful because you can brick your NAND if you delete an important NAND title, do this only if you are 100% sure of what you are doing.

Awesome post man! (liked) :-)
I'll definetely give SOON2 a go.

the best cias installer in the world is DEVMENU 11.4.

I don't have it yet, but this is what i could find about the version:

DevMenu_Nand.cia - 6.2 (Don't worry its the same as 11.4 because it never really changes :P)

So basically its 6.2 re-re-republishedleaked

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E