Hacking What is new about the User Agreement? wiibrew dosen't talk about i

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wandering just because all the talk about online cheaters. Wanting to know if there was anything else and what does it really say.
Anywhere i could find this or does anyone know?
wiibrew doesn't specify it
it only says
The Wii User Agreement, which includes the Wii Privacy Policy, has been updated. Because the updated agreement applies to you and your use of the Wii Network Service, you should view the updated version by clicking on the Wii icon located on the lower-left portion of the Wii Channel menu, selecting Wii Settings, accessing the Internet setting, and selecting User Agreements.
GOT IT-http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/privacyPolicy.jsp
CLOSE Thread

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what is different, but it sounds as though it's spelling out 'stop cheating or we'll ban you' to me, unless it always said this thing about 'unauthorized software, services, or devices'.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
spawn844 said:
Well your no help:/
i want to know the exact words it says in it
No need to be a dick about it. you asked whats new about the user agreement. Not "Can someone give me a link to the new user agreement"

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Go look it up yourself then, lazy ass. Its on Nintendo website.

Well thanks, never knew it was on there site, Also be careful With that mouth of yours. your mother must be you with "the stick" for it:O

GOT IT-http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/privacyPolicy.jsp
CLOSE THREAD

DarkAvatar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
UPDATES AND UPGRADES

We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels.
OPTING OUT AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION

In order to completely opt-out from the collection of any information about you relating to the Wii Network Service, both anonymous and personal, you must disable your Wii Network Service. If you have linked your Club Nintendo account to your Wii Shop Account, Nintendo Channel or Wii message address (collectively, "Features"), you must unlink those Features from your Club Nintendo account in order to stop the collection of information about you. You may do so in the Settings section of the Wii Shop.

Was this there beforehand? I'm probably going to disconnect my wii from the internet at this rate.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Was this there beforehand? I probably going to disconnect my wii from the internet at this rate.

What is your system version?

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats been there sence...3.4 i think
Also. By many people
THE WII WILL NOT AUTO UPDATE, Have you seen a thread saying it has?
Dont think so. you have nothing to worry about

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ill say it again

THE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATE

DarkAvatar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spawn844 said:
ill say it again

THE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATETHE WILL WILL NOT AUTO UPDATE

It might not now, but when you accept this agreement you are allowing Nintendo to do so in the future.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.2 with the shop updated with the IOS from the WiiBrew Wiki

Think about what you just said.

If Nintendo could update your Wii, why didn't they do it when 4.0 went live?

Or when 3.4 went live as well?

We had a modchip group and Twiizers looked at the code for the past updates and there's no auto-update business.

So again, unless you're on 4.00 then you shouldn't care about auto-updating.

DarkAvatar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
We had a modchip group and Twiizers looked at the code for the past updates and there's no auto-update business.

If thats the case then thats good, I just hope they don't put any auto-updating features embeded in new games (hopefully that can't be done.)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrBubbles said:
3.2 with the shop updated with the IOS from the WiiBrew Wiki

Think about what you just said.

If Nintendo could update your Wii, why didn't they do it when 4.0 went live?

Or when 3.4 went live as well?

I don't think there will be an auto-update feature on any firmware update unless there's an opt-out. I don't think it would be legal without in a lot of territories. It's probably more to cover themselves for server side updates and auto deleting/now blocking TPH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol