what is flashme?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by alexjzim, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008

what is flashme? by alexjzim at 5:12 AM (2,903 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. alexjzim
    OP

Newcomer alexjzim Advanced Member

United States
    ok, what is flashme? what does it do to your ds? how does it run afterwards? if u want to run a non flahs card game will it work? could you boot gba games? is the original loader screen changed?

i have a dsl with an m3 real running triple boot, and i hear flashme, flashme, flashme, and i figured its time to find out what it is.

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
  3. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Flashme is what u say to your gay partner if you want sex.

4. alexjzim
    OP

United States
    im trying not to curse, ive read the guide and everything, and idk if i need it, or if its any good.

5. alexjzim
    OP

United States
    and sorry, i didnt see that ferrariman

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The only thing it will do for your setup is remove the health and safety warning screen. Otherwise it won't have any effect on your M3 Real.

7. michaelf

Newcomer michaelf Advanced Member

United States
    Flashme is from the old days of slot 2 flash cards. In simple terms, to the best of my knowledge, it made the DS think there was a game in slot one. You could either have a passme device (which modern slot 1's have under the hood) or if you were cool you'd put flashme on your DS so you wouldn't need one. I remember throwing in a few bucks with my friends so we could get one passme and we'd flash all of our DS's with it. It was a frightening operation where you'd have to bridge a connection and run a small risk of bricking your DS.

So unless you're running one of the old slot 2's you really don't need it and you certainly don't want to go through the process of installing it.