Hacking What is best way to go about updating to current Atmosphere?

Tcbys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to go about updating to current Atmosphere version? I run CFW through EmuNand.

Should I update my main SysNand to OFW 9.0 and update Atmosphere by downloading the current files on github and replacing them on my SD card or is there another way to do that. I am bit confused.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would says go to 8.1.0 as not everything has been updated to work on 9.0.0 firmware. If you use sysnand for online stuffs leave that alone from cfw stuffs, just update your emunand.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Tcbys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would says go to 8.1.0 as not everything has been updated to work on 9.0.0 firmware. If you use sysnand for online stuffs leave that alone from cfw stuffs, just update your emunand.

Can I update my SysNand to OFW 9.0 then and leave the EmuNand as 8.1.0?

Tcbys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can as they are separated nand.

Thank you.

So when things get ironed out, for updating is just dragging the updated Atmosphere files on the SD card to overwrite the older version of Atmosphere the way to go for updating that?

Last edited by Tcbys,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

So when things get ironed out, for updating is just dragging the updated Atmosphere files on the SD card to overwrite the older version of Atmosphere the way to go for updating that?

Yes that correct for updating atmosphere by replacing older file with newer build, it goes in effect after reboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass