Country
United States
ITT

KeMHMpq.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to expand my mind like Rydian's, cuz honestly, Rydian has an IQ of a number more than 3 and less than a number that's bigger than 3, and that's some IQ he has.
I feel dumb when I read Rydian's awesome posts.... why I hef 2 feel dumb...

D

Deleted-236924

I think it's most important to find happiness in the time we have on earth. Someone being ignorant or not..whell, humans are not perfect beings and we are all learning from each-other and help each other to grow and learn :)

(Maybe i am being ignorant right now, but i think that, that also is a part of learning process)

And because this is a Video-game web-site, i will let sonic say few words

By the way, i like your threads Rydian! :lol:

AMG
SANIC

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To me, an idiot is someone unable to aquire new knowledge, or someone making stupid decisions that are.. idiotic. Like riding a bike in the streets, speeding towards an intersection, and close your eyes and just go straight through. That's idiotic! :P

Reactions: koimayeul

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would swap the term 'idiot' with calling someone stupid, but yes, there are a lot of people devoid of empathy (in the sense that they ignore someone's motivations for doing something because their own ego doesn't allow it). I'd be more concerned with what the motives of the person calling people idiots is/are.

Scenario A

Nerd A "So I was watching Star Wars last night"

Nerd B "What's Star Wars?"

Nerd A "You don't know what Star Wars is?! You ****** idiot!!!!"

Is clearly Nerd A's frustration that they took for granted that everyone knows what a certain popular thing is. Nerd A is probably super petty, and is going to jump to assume that Nerd B is just pretending not to know what Star Wars is.... to humiliate him! That asshole! Nerd A is a miserable person, we all know these people.

Scenario B

Nerd A "So I was playing that ***** *** of **** Final Fantasy XIII last night, just for LULZ and..."

Nerd B "Wat... I liked XIII"

Nerd A "OMG you ***** idiot, how could you be so stupid??"

Is clearly Nerd A assuming everyone holds the same opinion, and can't continue his hilarious rant because that damn Nerd B threw a wrench in it. Nerd A is frustrated that people aren't going along with his bullshit.

Scenario C

Nerd A goes to the bank and sees there is no line, cuts around the velvet rope straight to a teller.

Nerd B enters the bank and goes around the winding velvet-rope path, despite there being nobody in line, to get to the teller.

Nerd A "OMG that idiot! Why the hell don't they just walk around, that dude is blind ***** idiot ass mother**** yes I'll take that in $20s...."

Is clearly Nerd A frustrated that some people are going to follow a social convention on autopilot, and probably has a self-righteous streak that forces them to point out any time someone does a 'misplay' in real life. Because Nerd A is the perfect being, and gets all the womenz.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
The general rule I would say is If you have to ask then you probably are. Forum banter aside....

As for the reasons you mentioned, I can deal with them together. Everyone is ignorant to different degrees and everyone makes bad choices to different degrees therefore everyone is an idiot to greater or lesser degrees. That seems fair to me.

There's also the "stupidity is in the eye of the beholder" thing. A good example is say a science subject student seeing doing arts/humanities as completely pointless and therefore stupid however the reverse is also true, an arts/humanities student may see studying things you can't see in the same way. (not necessarily true for all sciences but you get my point)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-