Hardware What is a good grip/case for the 3ds

TheHaxForU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure which to get. after a while of gameplay my fingers feel mashed and start to hurt so i have been looking for a grip
here is what i have come up with:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Hand-Grip/dp/B004MKN3YE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327648845&sr=8-1
41wIrzC18LL._AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Comfort-Grip-Transparent-Black/dp/B004LQRENK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327648845&sr=8-1-fkmr0
41UZU6mNlfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-TM-Anti-Slip-Grip-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B004VAJW9K/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1327649358&sr=8-13
317IxTyTcYL._AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Grip-3DS-Nintendo/dp/B0057WWR0C/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1327649358&sr=8-11
41vWER8q9SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:P thanks

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
my point is that the circle pad kind of makes the other stuff moot, unless you plan to constantly switch out the 3DS and put it in a different case for each game you play, in which case you'll wear out the rubber pads that hold the 3DS in the circle-pad case and you'll have to Macgyver a new way to keep your system from falling out of it.

Honelith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That Circle Pad Pro looks really comfy, seen the underside of it? I'd stick with it. I plan to get it just for that very reason, I prefer to angle my right hand a little bit so my thumb has to reach sideways to press the BAXY buttons, just feels more comfy.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have this one
41UZU6mNlfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's ok as a grip. An advantage this has over other cases is it covers that L and R buttons, which I would consider the most vulnerable part of a 3DS if you drop it. I think it kind of hinders the wifi a little. With the L and R buttons covered, they are a little more difficult to press. The system closes entirely even with both top and bottom cases on, but the system comes open much easier. So I think the case is most effective without the top piece which allows a much more secure close. You can increase portability by removing the case and crumpling it up.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO,no point getting a grip/case if you have the circle pad

R button is hard to use with CPP on. makes it fairly useless as a grip until some type of patch for the whole system or individual titles is released. shame, cause its a nice grip, but you need to be able to use the new shoulder buttons, R at the least...

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me personally I would rather have a battery case/replacement than the circle pad pro. What I think would be best to do is to wait for a case/cover to be made that's an extra circle pad and battery in one.

GooeyGungan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the last one. The Nyko battery / case, that is. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm excited for it to get here.

If I were you, I'd get that one. Not only does it make the 3DS bigger and easier on your hands, it supposedly triples the battery life. I've read a few reviews and that claim isn't necessarily true unless you have it on minimum settings (brightness 1, power saving mode, 3d and wireless off), it does significantly extend the battery - something the 3DS desperately needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)