Gaming What I think about Tatsunoko VS Capcom

WiiThoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this game on my hard drive since it came out (and the Japanese version since June) and I finally took some time tonight to play it for a bit.
Overall, this is what I think of it:
BUTTON MASHER.

This makes the game not as fun as SSBB, because all you do is just mash a bunch of random buttons.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume that you haven't played online?
wink.gif

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game came out long before JUNE... the Japanese release. It's the fact that it is a Vs Capcom series that makes it good. It's a classic fighter.

Wynd

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiThoko said:
I've had this game on my hard drive since it came out (and the Japanese version since June) and I finally took some time tonight to play it for a bit.
Overall, this is what I think of it:
BUTTON MASHER.

This makes the game not as fun as SSBB, because all you do is just mash a bunch of random buttons.
its only mashing a bunch of random buttons if you don't know what you're doing but this game as well as MOST Japanese fighting games are meant to be played with an arcade styled joystick/or the arcade itself they aren't very fun using the Wiimote/nunchuk or classic controller or any other style controller for that matter...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NOTE: parody coming up (or maybe satirical...I'm not sure). Please don't take it too seriously.
smile.gif

Button mashing isn't just a play style...it's a way of life! More importantly: it's MY way of life!!!
yay.gif

Button mashing in Tatsunoko vs Capcom? HAH! I button mashed my way through SSBB as well! (well...the subspace emissionary, that is)
cool.gif

In wii sports, you can just wiimote-mash when playing tennis.

First person shooters like the conduit take mashing to a whole new level: I can both spam all firepower I have while frantically weaving the wiimote all over the place.

The balance games in wii fit (plus)? Bah! Just mash your weight around and you'll get there. Or at least somewhere (well...except that zazen exercise: that'll get you nowhere).

I finished super paper Mario (and a few other RPG's) buttonmashing my way through all the dialog.

EDIT: I forgot to include racing games. Though on the wii it's not really "button mashing" if you put duct tape on the gas pedal button.

In guitar hero, I guitar mash my way through a song.

And so on, and so on...thanks to nintendo's innovation with movement controllers, my arthritis doesn't hurt so much anymore (though it's rather bad for my furniture...and my cat's going crazy).

Of course, you'll always have pansies who look down on my kind, and claim that games should require "skill", "tactics", "insight" and all that stuff. To which I say: bollocks. I don't want any of that...to me, a game is exactly that: a GAME. Not some deep psychological test or skill measurement device, but something that is actually FUN.
Yeah, yeah...I know the arguments: (insert uppity tone of voice) "But Wever...if you would spent some time learning and practicing these combo's, you'll get all the fun you can handle!"

WRONG! To me, "fun" is sharing a beer with friends and having a laugh over who won a silly game of wario ware: smooth moves. Not having some "1337" dude "pwning" everyone else because he can pull off a dozen hadoukens in a second (note: am I the only one who find it disturbing that a move from a street fighter game gets its own wikipedia page?). I'd rather be a scrub than having to actually LEARN anything from a game (I do enough of that at school).

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
NOTE: parody coming up (or maybe satirical...I'm not sure). Please don't take it too seriously.
smile.gif

Button mashing isn't just a play style...it's a way of life! More importantly: it's MY way of life!!!
yay.gif

Button mashing in Tatsunoko vs Capcom? HAH! I button mashed my way through SSBB as well! (well...the subspace emissionary, that is)
cool.gif

In wii sports, you can just wiimote-mash when playing tennis.

First person shooters like the conduit take mashing to a whole new level: I can both spam all firepower I have while frantically weaving the wiimote all over the place.

The balance games in wii fit (plus)? Bah! Just mash your weight around and you'll get there. Or at least somewhere (well...except that zazen exercise: that'll get you nowhere).

I finished super paper Mario (and a few other RPG's) buttonmashing my way through all the dialog.

In guitar hero, I guitar mash my way through a song.

And so on, and so on...thanks to nintendo's innovation with movement controllers, my arthritis doesn't hurt so much anymore (though it's rather bad for my furniture...and my cat's going crazy).

Of course, you'll always have pansies who look down on my kind, and claim that games should require "skill", "tactics", "insight" and all that stuff. To which I say: bollocks. I don't want any of that...to me, a game is exactly that: a GAME. Not some deep psychological test or skill measurement device, but something that is actually FUN.
Yeah, yeah...I know the arguments: (insert uppity tone of voice) "But Wever...if you would spent some time learning and practicing these combo's, you'll get all the fun you can handle!"

WRONG! To me, "fun" is sharing a beer with friends and having a laugh over who won a silly game of wario ware: smooth moves. Not having some "1337" dude "pwning" everyone else because he can pull off a dozen hadoukens in a second. I'd rather be a scrub than having to actually LEARN anything from a game (I do enough of that at school).
all i can say to that is bravo you're a true masher lol...

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's absolutely no way that's not a troll. Would've been much more authentic if he stopped before comparing it to the king of button mashing games.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ossot said:
There's absolutely no way that's not a troll. Would've been much more authentic if he stopped before comparing it to the king of button mashing games.
It's not because you suck at recognizing humor that I'm a troll, dude.
wink.gif

Besides...I never mentioned old school Olympic games!
laugh.gif

(or new school? I haven't played a "running" game in years)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ossot said:

Which game are you talking about?
I hope you don't say SSBB, because then I'd have to get you a solid gold dunce cap.

WiiThoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I didn't expect a (kind-of) joke topic to get so much attention xD.

Second, I know the Japenese version came out before June, that's just when I downloaded it. They were just impulse downloads, by the way, I heard they were good so I downloaded without reading much about the game.

Third, yes, I am new to the "Street Fighter" genre.

Fourth, I have played online, but it was really laggy, and I was getting my ass kicked by some pro.

Fifth, I like doing combos with characters, but the fact that I can't tell how the hell I did a combo, besides pressing random buttons, takes the fun out of it that I can never really do that combo again.

Overall, I think this is a solid game, but Street Fighter-type fighting games (anything that isn't like SSBB or even JUS) just aren't for me.

terryforever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
playing TvC, u guys should use stick or classic controller.
for wat i test wit wiimote+nunchuk, is just like a beginner mode to me,
ya, can say like mashing button, n press 2 button for super.....
n u cannot air combo using wiimote+nunchuk
u press attack x 3 times n launch, then the air combo only can 1 hit
tis remind me of Marvel vs series of AUTO mode/beginner mode.
u cannot combo air combo.....

but as u using stick or classic,
is another story.
nayps3.gif
nayps3.gif

for those who really want to combo n enjoy the game, i really suggest using stick or classic controller for tis game.
now i can combo up to 1x hits. air combo also.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WiiThoko said:
First of all, I didn't expect a (kind-of) joke topic to get so much attention xD.

Second, I know the Japenese version came out before June, that's just when I downloaded it. They were just impulse downloads, by the way, I heard they were good so I downloaded without reading much about the game.

Third, yes, I am new to the "Street Fighter" genre.

Fourth, I have played online, but it was really laggy, and I was getting my ass kicked by some pro.

Fifth, I like doing combos with characters, but the fact that I can't tell how the hell I did a combo, besides pressing random buttons, takes the fun out of it that I can never really do that combo again.

Overall, I think this is a solid game, but Street Fighter-type fighting games (anything that isn't like SSBB or even JUS) just aren't for me.

Two Problems there....
These types of games have been around for ever... Did you just come out of a cave?
Also... Laggy? Whats that word mean? Jokes, Thats a problem though, Ive beaten people in lag before i felt pro too

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't written a review for it yet and probably won't, but coming from a person who A) isn't a veteran of fighting games, B) isn't always too fond of the genre, and C) sucks at fighting games, I can still say the game is pretty decent. It's got some presentation problems, but the core gameplay and fighting is rather deep and fulfilling. It's a button masher if you suck at it. And if you mash buttons against someone whose good at the game, you'll lose. From your general assumption that it's a "button masher", you can say the same for most fighting games. You can mash buttons in most fighting games, but you won't be any good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up