I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright we all know that Nintendo will eventually send out the update that blocks flashcarts, and everyone is all scared dreading the day it might come. But seriously...it's not that big a deal. So what you lose the DSiShop, boohoo.

Here let me explain. You got your DSi, with some DSiWare, your AK2i, it's 2 cameras, and some other things like music. The nintendo pumps out that update that blocks flash carts. So you don't update...so you lose...what? The DSiShop? Really it's not that big a deal. With your 2 cameras, your already downloaded DSiWare, your AK2i (which can play movies, music, any DS game, and homebrew), and all these cool photo and music software. Now you're going to tell me you're bored because you can't connect to some shop that sells you cheap ripoff games for 5 bucks a piece? Come on now. You have to realize with all this stuff you shouldn't be scared, infact you should be impowered. And not to mention that eventually someone will start pirating DSiWare and you won't even need the shop, or someone will find some exploit in the new firmware and we get one of three things that help you bypass the block: new flashcarts, firmware updates for the flashcarts, or custom firmware.

So to any of you people who are holding back on buying a DSi because of "the update" then I hope this topic has helped you realize how stupid that sounds.

Power to the players!

(Oh and to you guys who are worried about DS Games updating you, you know they'll eventually get patches for the roms so you don't have to update right?)

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget about updates to the DSi itself. A firmware update doesn't just mean that there are new games in the DSishop. What if they added support for playback of .avi files? What if they allowed you to remotely play Wii games? What if you in a future update they allowed you to record video? These are all things people are going to want...

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What about MP3 music support, being able to add pictures from your PC, loading from SD card, Virtual Handheld?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yah but really I don't see nintendo adding in large updates like that...atleast not for a long time. I mean the Wii is one version 4.0 and really the biggest thing it's gotten was the SD Card Channel.

Also you guys who are saying stuff like "What about support for video playback" or "Mp3 support?". That's covered in the flashcart...

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reaseon I think Nintendo might be bluffing with this "killer" update. If they could, why have they not done it yet, the Acekard 2i came out in December, which is about 5 months, almost half a year and 0.00417th of a century, my point being they could be bluffing. But if they're not, DeltaBurnt is right, all you lose is the crappy (at least for now) DSi ware. Unless they add some functional programs which I highly doubt...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pavichokche said:
For some reaseon I think Nintendo might be bluffing with this "killer" update. If they could, why have they not done it yet, the Acekard 2i came out in December, which is about 5 months, almost half a year and 0.00417th of a century, my point being they could be bluffing. But if they're not, DeltaBurnt is right, all you lose is the crappy (at least for now) DSi ware. Unless they add some functional programs which I highly doubt...

Alot of people think that nintendo's waiting because if they killed flashcarts early it would probably mean less sales of the DSi.

Off Topic: And btw Pavi, is your signature from South Park? THEY TOOK OUR JURBS!

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
Pavichokche said:

Alot of people think that nintendo's waiting because if they killed flashcarts early it would probably mean less sales of the DSi.

Off Topic: And btw Pavi, is your signature from South Park? THEY TOOK OUR JURBS!

I see your point, but I would guesstimate (lol) only about 5% of the potential DSi customers, that are actually buying the DSi with the intention of buying the acekard.

and, yes, my quote is TOTALLY FROM SOUTH PARK, its one of the best episodes ever !!!
and check it !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fGl9587X8
(I didn't make it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy