ROM Hack What happens to unfinished FREeshop downloads?

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know what happens to unfinished freeshop downloads? I noticed my remaining space was 4.4g, and after clicking download freeshop preemptively changes it to accommodate the new download even though its not actually there yet, and after my 3ds crashed during a download, the in progress download is gone from freeshop but the remaining space is still 2.9g. basically, i started downloading 2 games, 1 which was 1.2g, and one that was .5g. the 1.2 one finished meaning my remaining space should be 3.2 (4.4 - 1.2 = 3.2). when the .5 one finished i would have 2.7, but it crashed after about 75% and isnt installed, but the .3g is still missing and the remaining space is 2.9, so is the data still on my sd somewhere?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to see any previous partial downloads? maybe a freeshop log file? because this has happened before and i have no clue how much of my sd is used by partial downloads.
No there isn't a way atm. But if you want to get rid of the data you can finish the download and delete it, or sometimes it will let you delete the partial install

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang it. someone's got to have made a download cache flusher program or something at some point. maybe i could connect the sd to my pc and scan it for partial data still left on it or something. maybe i should stop using freeshop.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang it. someone's got to have made a download cache flusher program or something at some point. maybe i could connect the sd to my pc and scan it for partial data still left on it or something. maybe i should stop using freeshop.
i suggest just usb wii u usb helper and then select pack to cia

samcambolt270

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing and deleting the game didnt seem to work according to freeshop, but i think its a display bug, as after installing the .5g unfinished game then uninstalling it, then uninstalling the 1.2 g one, freeshop still shows 4.1g. but this appears to be wrong, as the 3ds settings menu shows 33,781 blocks, which equates to 4.32g (1 block is 128kb, so 128kb x 33,781 = 4323968kb or 4.3gigs) unless of course the 3ds settings is the one with the error :(

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-