Gaming What happens to NDS Roms now?

ZDragonBlade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played my DS for a few months, so I never really bothered going to websites and getting some new games. Lately, it seems as if all the NDS Roms are deleted or classified as illegal. So, is it true? Are the roms really gone and we won't receieve the benefits of having new games like in the old days?

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just gotta find a certain site to get it from....(i dont pirate US games just Japan games lol and if i like the japanese game i order it from www.play-asia.com)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Certain sites are forced to delete all their NDS roms due to legal issues and stuff.
However there are still quite a number of sites (which can't be mentioned here) that still host NDS roms.

D

Deleted User

Raika said:
Certain sites are forced to delete all their NDS roms due to legal issues and stuff.
However there are still quite a number of sites (which can't be mentioned here) that still host NDS roms.

totally off-topic, but is that the mouse from kenichi?

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I2aven's_Sage said:
Raika said:

totally off-topic, but is that the mouse from kenichi?
Lol yes it is.
nyanya.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
yes roms were always illegal but now the law is taking action! the sites get warned and have to get rid of the games.

D

Deleted User

There are so many rom sites. Let me name 10. Well, there's [LOL] and [LOL] and [LOL] and [LOL] and [PWNED] and [6] and [RGFDRGRFDBEGGEE] and [!£$%^&*&^%$] and [535] and the tenth site. Why not just google it. There should be many rom sites out there, but I'm not allowed to name any.
frown.gif
There are a few gems out there. You just gotta try.

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just google the name of the game + rapidshare/megaupload. That's the easiest way to find most games. For the ones that are tougher to find i use torrents. But i don't pirate 'em anyway. Atleast not the ones i like. I always buy 'em afterwards.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
have a couple of sites, if u have msn or facebook or something, I will give u them but I can't do that on here. =( LOL

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the biggest sites ( Big Site) Recently got taken down but there are many other small sites out there.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was a very big and contributing member in the community..so I know what happened..

surprise surprise...they were going to get slapped with a lawsuit by Nintendo

EDIT - I was talking about another NDS ROM site

...but come to think of It...I know which one you're talking about

its just nds roms that got removed though...

plus..I already have another source mueh heh heh

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember guys, don't name or link to any ROM sites. I'd suggest not hinting at any either.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, people think one site that a bunch of people used getting taken down means the end of the world.

If there's one thing my sixth grade computer teacher taught me it was that once something is on the internet, it's always on the internet. She used this to be like "BLAH BLAH CYBER BULLYING IS BAD" but really it means once you upload a file, odds are it'll be somewhere else on the internet. Unless the entire internet is brought down there will always be a copy of every DS ROM out there, you just have to look hard enough. Same goes with pretty much any game that has been dumped or almost any uploaded file of worth on the internet.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, we're all screwed. Just like it's impossible to find free music, ripped dvds & blue-rays, cams and telesyncs of current movies, wii/360/ps3/PC games, audiobooks, and anything else that's been digitized.

Damn them for just now making roms illegal. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Meh, people think one site that a bunch of people used getting taken down means the end of the world.

If there's one thing my sixth grade computer teacher taught me it was that once something is on the internet, it's always on the internet. She used this to be like "BLAH BLAH CYBER BULLYING IS BAD" but really it means once you upload a file, odds are it'll be somewhere else on the internet. Unless the entire internet is brought down there will always be a copy of every DS ROM out there, you just have to look hard enough. Same goes with pretty much any game that has been dumped or almost any uploaded file of worth on the internet.

well, theoretically, if the server itself was taken down, or some EMP blast wipes every hard drive, then they're gone. but basically, he's right. one only has to DL a rom, upload it somewhere else, or distribute it upon request, and surely, those roms will live as long as the data is still in usable condition. which is why "cyber-piracy" never really ends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly