Hacking What happened to the web dstt?

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel ur pain man, i've had the same problem for 3-4 days now so i hope either they are updating the card and the website, and not that they have said fuck all the owners of their cards. They are reaching that 3 month time when they are due for an update, so keep your head up. It should be back up soon

DarkestNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm guessing it's just because they are updating..Has any other card shut down due to fakes besides the R4?

But that leads me to think that it's not a HUGE deal if the website does go down. Since the TTDS is a great card and growing in popularity, I'm willin to bet we can fix a majority, if not all, of the problems that come our way.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DarkestNova said:
Yeah, I'm guessing it's just because they are updating..Has any other card shut down due to fakes besides the R4?

Why is it taking them so long to update ??
dry.gif
- I've known other sites take only a day to update & usually they contain a LOT more pages.
I'm still having trouble connecting to http://www.ndstt.com/ as it's still down & it's now been 3 days (I tried earlier in the week & it was down then)

I've had a google search for other possibilities (i.e the japanese site) & came across these - but I'm worried that these are in fact NOT official

http://www.dstt.us/
http://www.cndstt.com/english/index_en.aspx

The reason I don't trust them ?!

The www.dstt.us has 'squashed' picture on the Home page - although the Info 'seems' to be a direct copy of the official site
Also the layout is different from the Official site

The www.cndstt.com has very little in 'Antifake' pictures, seems incomplete (Missing info), Completely different website layout & that the 'new' DSTT also come in cardboard box as well as the 'tombstone' plastic casing (Which I believe most 'fakes' come in the cardboard box anyway)

Oh please - TopToy - hurry up & fix your site
cry.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
www.cndstt.com is definitely the website of a DSTT clone. I don't know about the other one, but I suspect it's also not real.

What is it that everyone needs from the official site? The firmware can be downloaded from the download area of this site.

-Bri

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
What is it that everyone needs from the official site? The firmware can be downloaded from the download area of this site.

It's not about the firmware so much as the (probably naive) feeling that if the website is still there, then the DSTT team is out there somewhere, toiling away on new firmware releases and new products.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I agree. if the site still exists then there's still soeone out there to support it

I would hate it if I've brought a DSTTi to use on a DSi (I've got mine today
yaynds.gif
) & then find out that there's no support
(I've just found out that YSMenu 'DS menu' option doesn't work on the DSi)

I've just had to 'do an update' to allow me internet access to DSi Shop - & was worried that such an update would blocked the Flash card
No Support - then No more Flash Card usage

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkestNova said:
kermitfrog said:

Not necessarily. The TTDS has a very large fan base and it's users are more than capable of making their updates
gbasp.gif

But it doesn't mean we have to. It's their job, not ours.

Besides, no user can do an "update" per se, unless he/she/it (?) got access to the source. Just little improvements, mostly by researching and hacking. And that's all.

DarkestNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
DarkestNova said:
kermitfrog said:

Not necessarily. The TTDS has a very large fan base and it's users are more than capable of making their updates
gbasp.gif

But it doesn't mean we have to. It's their job, not ours.

Besides, no user can do an "update" per se, unless he/she/it (?) got access to the source. Just little improvements, mostly by researching and hacking. And that's all.

Hah, yeah.. You're right.

But if the need comes, at least we can make a ghetto way around problems..
However, I don't think we can make updates like.. 1.7, can we?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jruschme said:
It's not about the firmware so much as the (probably naive) feeling that if the website is still there, then the DSTT team is out there somewhere, toiling away on new firmware releases and new products.

If you wanted a team toiling away on new firmware releases, the DSTT is probably not for you. Unless you mean fake-killer code. That seems to be their main concern these days.

-Bri

DarkestNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
If you wanted a team toiling away on new firmware releases, the DSTT is probably not for you. Unless you mean fake-killer code. That seems to be their main concern these days.

-Bri

Which, honestly, sucks. It's not our fault if we get a bad card >:(

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSTT team may have called it a day on the DSTT due to all the fakes that are now being sold, and in the knowledge that any new firmware that they release which implements the fake killer code will just be hacked and the code removed by makers of these fakes cards, plus the fact that Dealextere have no morals, which is no good thing considering that they are the major source of all fake cards that are sold.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
IF the DSTT IS dead - wouldn't it be nice of them to at least put a page up that said

'Sorry - We're Closed (for good)'

Instead of just wiping everything off the site & letting all it's 'loyal' customers just guessing what's happened

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They're just doing updates... I hate them, they release updates 2 months after a fix is found, they don't fix some games and when they're updating their site they never even give any notice of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT