Hacking what happened to my preloader?

Arendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, here's the 'complete' story:
I was at softmod 4.0E, with preloader 0.29 (never knew, untill recently that I had to have bootMII with that
tongue.gif
), HBC 1.0.1 installed, everything worked fine.
I got this far using guides by folks of you, and I'm tremendously thankful
smile.gif

and for such great minds, I've got a mystery to solve!
wink.gif

After I got this message from Nintendo that there was a new udpate available, I first started wondering about the endless possibilities and whichever might be held inside this new update. After not much effort I found a safe way to update, using waninkoko's updater. Trusting the fellow my WII's life, I updated, regardless of my limited knowledge about the consequences.
After the update, my WII rebooted and I saw the healthscreen for the first time in a long time... What? I resetted to make sure... Yep... I searched the internet. Hard reboot, hold reset... Healthscreen. I searched, searched, posted an offtopic quick question regarding this, searched and searched - for those who aren't following, preloader just disappeared, or so it seems - and found these possible solutions: I don't know, just don't do anything that could screw with my system; I use NANDcleaner (or whachamacallit?) and remove preloader(is it really that easy?); or just re-install preloader, although this seems hardly the right thing to do
tongue.gif

So, who knows how to not brick my WII and get preloader back?

I'd be forever grateful
smile.gif

Arendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
really? that easy huh? well, that's nice
smile.gif
thank you very much
biggrin.gif
forever grateful! been bugging me for a couple of days now...

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions regarding updates

1) Why do people use Waninkoko's 4.1 updater instead of the official Nintendo one?
2) I heard that official Nintendo updates (from your region) can never brick your wii, but it can remove that mods in place. Is this true?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playingsolitare said:

1) Why do people use Waninkoko's 4.1 updater instead of the official Nintendo one?
2) I heard that official Nintendo updates (from your region) can never brick your wii, but it can remove that mods in place. Is this true?
1] waninkoko's keep your IOS trucha bugged while Nintendo's overwrites them with official IOS's and therefore, blocks the trucha bug which is needed very much.
2]any update can brick your wii, official or not.

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
playingsolitare said:

1] waninkoko's keep your IOS trucha bugged while Nintendo's overwrites them with official IOS's and therefore, blocks the trucha bug which is needed very much.
2]any update can brick your wii, official or not.

Hmm I see. I got my wii (used) only a few weeks ago and modded it right away. Then I updated from 3.3U to 4.1U via Nintendo and everything still worked (games via backup launcher).

DAREALGUMMY

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I kinda have the same problem. Had my wii at 4.0U for awhile now but wanted to update since I wanted to use the New internet channel. I'm aware that preloader is gone after I update but when I try to reinstall it....it semi bricks my wii again. It installs so luckily i can get the system menu back, but why cant I not install it again after i downgrade then upgrade again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-