What gift to give?

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I know may 29 is still 2 weeks from now but, i want to ask, what would be a suitable gift for a female best friend's birthday? though we're very close before, college life separated us a few years ago, we still have contact but not very much.
i'm not really into giving gifts but it's my best friend. I want to give her something special but i can't give something that might offend her boyfriend.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The last gift I gave to a girl was a necklace I gave my friend Sian. She talked about how she was depressed constantly and how she'd be alone and miserable for Valentine's Day, so despite her being about as far away from me as she can possible get, I decided to send her something. She always spoke of having wings to fly away from her problems, so I sent her a silver angel wing pendant. Cost me a damn fortune to acquire it, even more to send it, and I had to have her mum take delivery of it to maintain the suprise. But it was worth it. She's not taken it off since. It's literally sacred to her, a sign that no matter how bad life treats her she'll always have somebody that cares for her waiting to be that shoulder to cry on.

So...yeah, listen to her. Get a gift based on what would suit her best, only you can find this out. If she's your best friend then get her something deep and meaningful, not the usual gift guff. No chocolates or some other cliched crapola. You make the effort for friends.

As for the boyfriend, tell him to go forth and lick the front of a speeding train. If he has issues with a girl getting a gift from her best friend then he's too insecure to be worthy of any girl worth dating.

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i think he is very insecure. when he became her boyfriend. she forbids her to text our group. boys or girls, no exception. he thinks we're a threat. but she loves him so we just let it slide. though it was sad, coz i only open up to her.

hmm... i didn't really pay attention to the things she likes since i served as a shoulder for her and as a very reliable friend.
i'm thinking about a date since we haven't been together for around 2 years now. i want to have fun with her just like back then. i don't really care about the boyfriend since i haven't seen him even once. i'm just being considerate.

@blaze163
hmm something special is nice. but we haven't talk lately so i don't know what's she's into now. to be honest i forgot about her birthday. she just made a comment on facebook saying "best?" then i asked, "what? need something?" then she mentioned her birthday. well, it's been her habit to ask something for her birthday, but i only gave her a present once in highschool. a bracelet which my mother chose.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Narayan said:
I know may 29 is still 2 weeks from now but, i want to ask, what would be a suitable gift for a female best friend's birthday? though we're very close before, college life separated us a few years ago, we still have contact but not very much.
i'm not really into giving gifts but it's my best friend. I want to give her something special but i can't give something that might offend her boyfriend.
She share's the same Birth Date as mine, wow :wtf: here I was wondering for myself of what to do on 29th and here someone has a friends bday on the same day, hmm, I'd say a Necklace would be an ideal choice, or there is always the option of making a B'day Wish card yourself attached to a gift. Girls love chocolates but I don't think you'd want to give that.

I'd recommend a plush Bear toy, holding a message "Best Friends Forever" or some metallic/glass frame with a Best Friends saying on it. Girls love decoration pieces too.

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@alex_0706 i don't get what you mean...

@SamAsh07 i already helped her buy a shoe she likes. oh, and i think i got the date wrong... because her and my father's birthday were supposed to be on the same day. and my mom said my father's bday is on may 25. haha it's today. but her facebook profile says 26... i'm confused... i dunno what to trust, her facebook profile or my memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout