Gaming what game should i buy?

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i want to get a new game.i like rpgs mostly.i have a number of them.can you tell me some suggestions? i WANT TO BUY.no jap games.i have a dsi which is region locked.i have ff3 ffa2 ffrw.i am thinkin about ffccrof?help!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joktan said:
i heard the world ends with you is really good,but i cant find it at gamestop.same with the shin mega tensi.has any tried ring of fates?any other rpgs?
i think you're better off with FFCC echoes of time.
it has more customization, progress in multiplayer mode also means progress in single player mode, and it has a better multiplayer mode.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWEWY isn't that great, honestly. The story is slightly interesting but the battle system is clunky and the overall package just feels like a fanservice to Japanomaniacs.

SMT: Strange Journey came out recently and is worth the purchase. I think it's better than Devil Survivor.

A lot of people buy Pokemon for that sense of ownership. Having your own cart with your own party that you can't just alter with cheats or PokeSav gives a greater feeling of accomplishment and pride. It's why many people skip out on pirating it.

Otherwise, save your money for a different console if you have one.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why does your spacebar break after every hint of punctuation?
Damn does it look bad.
Why no jap games? For the most part they're much better then western RPGs. So i'll list some jap games anyways.

The World Ends With You is great, if you don't suck at the combat system like so many people seem to. (it's very easy if you can read, it explains how to make it flow well. Common sense is also required). The story is good too. Pretty strong characters, and once you beat the game and collect the secret reports it clears up a lot of background storyline elements. Beating the game also unlocks a ton of other stuff to do for fun.
Tons to do, lots of gameplay worth in it.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil survivor, is only for someone who is very good at strategy RPGs. Really, i've never been challenged by any turn based game...ever. This is the first, and it not only challenged me...it raped me and left me crying in a dark alley (granted, I chose a very hard ending to try beat...but still).

SMT: Strange Journey, is a bit easier, but still fun and challenging. Another good choice, but I can't say a whole lot about it. Good story.

Disgaea: I honestly don't know if it's officially classified as an RPG...but it's enough of one for me to list it. Great if you like strategy turn based games. Entertaining characters, not too hard, fairly unique.

Mario and Luigi: anything - the mario and luigi RPG games are very fun. Not incredibly hard, but still easily worth playing through any and all of 'em.

Too lazy to grab my DS, or i'd probably list more.
Also very surprised pokemanz wasn't suggest a hundred times by rabid fanboys.

Also just a protip, if you have an AK2i, download games and play them. If you like them...buy 'em. You don't even have to touch the official cart, and you can feel satisfied that you are supporting the developers.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Why no jap games? For the most part they're much better then western RPGs. So i'll list some jap games anyways.

He meant like actual Japanese games, like imports. Not like games made in Japan, or so I assume.

And there's some great western RPGs. People only consider the famous Japanese RPGs "good" because there are incredibly few western ones. It's like America with FPS games.

EDIT: Also, I do love how you bring up something involving fanboys in like every post. But seriously, that trick was old a while ago.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh. Usually when people say jap games they mean made by, despite being english.
My bad.

Also nice pointless edit BTW. Wont bother arguing in this thread with poor flamebait.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
careful about throwing around the word "jap". Ive had a few mates get anrgy about it. I personally dont care, but apparently its slang and offensive.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Oh. Usually when people say jap games they mean made by, despite being english.
My bad.

Also nice pointless edit BTW. Wont bother arguing in this thread with poor flamebait.

>Saying what I was saying was flame bait when you plainly went out of your way to flame Pokemon.

dry.gif

QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Apr 27 2010, 06:02 AM) careful about throwing around the word "jap". Ive had a few mates get anrgy about it. I personally dont care, but apparently its slang and offensive.

It's the internet. People do whatever to take a shortcut in typing out words. People say "Jap Wii" or "JAP region" or whatever. Why would you other think that it's slang?

I'll be the first to throw out Pokemon. If you're still one for the formula, it's got a lot of content, a lot to do, and is worth the most bang for your buck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later