Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been thinkig about this awhile and I'm getting pretty annoyed about how many games I carry around with my DS. I'm going on vacation soon so I though I'd get a flashcart so that I only have to carry around a single card, a micro SD card, and the power charger. I need something that can load games (Obviously), does cheats, and can also boot to a slot 2 card so that I could also play the GBA games I carry around. Edit: Also homebrew would be nice so auto-dldi would be excellent.

Right now I'm looking at an Acekard 2 or Acekard RPG, they're basically the same to me, one just has 1GB of onboard memory. I was thinking about putting the AKAIO firmware on it since it seem better than the official firmware.

If anyone wants to object to that go ahead. What I'm really here for is what expansion pack should I get to play GBA games? I want to make it as easy as possible for me since I can't really find much about these things. I just want to be able to have the GBA games on the SD card and then be able to transfer them to the slot 2 device without having to connect it to a computer or something.

Edit: Oh yeah, I have a phat DS

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No just get the Acekard 2.1. You don't need all that extra stuff anyways. Er which micro sd card the slot 1s? If so get a EZ Flash 3 in 1 for an expansion pack. All you have to do is run a gba game via akaio and it goes directly into the 3 in 1. (something like that) Where do you even live?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I own an AceKard 2.1 + EZFlash 3-in-1. To be honest, playing GBA Games are very troublesome with the expansion so just decided to not use the DS for GBA Games. If I were you, I recommend getting an AceKard 2.1 then get an EZFlash IV for Slot-2. They are expensive but are better than using an expansion since it can be solely used as a GBA player.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Splych said:
If I were you, I recommend getting an AceKard 2.1 then get an EZFlash IV for Slot-2.
Would I still be able to use the EZFlash IV with the Acekard, being able to send it from the SD card in the Acekard to the EZFlash IV? And I can't find it anywhere on any sites.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you do get the Ez flash IV you should know there's only like 70 save slots total, 70 games with saves. (around there I think) The ak is $20 not $12 at gbg. Splych doesn't only DX carry the Ez flash IV or is there other places? The expansions have always been more pricey than a slot 1 cart. That's also the lite version. Only place I know that has the phat version is realhotstuff.

EZ flash IV has its own mini sd slot for games. Dunno if you can use the acekard to do that.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I realized that its $20 and not $12 after I posted that. Also I found the EZ Flash IV on DX, but both BoxShot and DX say it needs a mini sd, is that correct? I'd rather not have to get an extra SD card.

Splych: You mind commenting on why it is so troublesome to play GBA games on the expansion slot?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright I'm getting kinda freak out now, because on the wiki page for the EZFlash 3in1, it says theres a version for DS Lite and a DS version. Would the DS lite version fit in a phat or is it "Lite" because it is smaller and fits better into the DS Lite?

If you don't understand that question try this: Will this fit in a phat DS?
http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target...roduct_id=29793

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
which is smaller than a gba game by like half?

1cm. Anyone want to help finding a palce that has a EZ Flash 3in1 for a phat DS?

Nevermind found one at Real Hot Stuff, anyone ever buy from them before? It looks pretty legit.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-size-p-212.html

Also, GBA games will still fit on this even though it has 1/2 the NOR space (256Mb/32MB) compared to the Lite version?

And one last thing is a 8GB microSD for $25 a good deal? It seems to be an excellent deal to me.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For me it was troublesome. Since the save kept on changing, and would always lose my save files. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I just don't any extra crap coming into this thread. I will try GBA games again, hopefully, it will work. If it doesn't bleh...

I was just recommended the EZFlash IV for a Slot-2 device. Apparently, it is the best for Slot-2 when used solely. I think certain games won't work if they are over a certain size. I think it was 64MB? But oh well, screw this. Don't read my comments of how hard it is xDD.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
Nevermind found one at Real Hot Stuff, anyone ever buy from them before? It looks pretty legit.

They are very reputable. A good number of people here order from there (including myself). They ship fast and have decent prices.

If you order from there, you'll probably get your package in 3 days (at the most if you live in the US).

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The average game could range from 32MB up to 128MB. (Well, there is one 256MB game, but just one.) Depends on which games you'd wanna put on it. You could just calculate it out yourself...look up how big the ROMs you'd wanna play would be. Pokemon Platinum, for example, is 128MB. I think Mario Kart DS is 32MB. The ones that have FMVs tend to be quite big. Anyway, it depends entirely on what games you put on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)