what flashcart do you recommend for ds lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mike a, Oct 30, 2014.

1. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    I am looking in the $10- $20 range, and I already know about the ds supercard 2. it is too much lol. I was thinking about this one R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS . I don't need some crazy multi-media player, just want to play games you know, and all that. obviously compatibility is a factor, as well as how good it will run on my system. I was also thnking about the ace3ds plus cart, as I am not going to update my system or anything. I know you probly can just install different emulators onto the first cart (or any cart). I guess ease of use would be a good thing too, as I have never used one before.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    http://r4ids.cn/

don't want the dstwo because the price, get the r4 from that website. if you later decide to get a 3ds, it will also work on the 3ds...

"crazy multiplayer" is just an "app" it is not on the card. you put it if you want to..

3. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    the r4 that I mentioned at first?? ok ill check it out

4. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    So the 15$ gold card is better than the r4 sdhc 3ds rts?

5. Rocc0

Rocc0 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Finland
    R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn website would be preferred over the other ones (it is the only R4i cart recommended on the official GBAtemp chart), but whatever recent r4 clone cart is likely going to work in the future as long as it supports the latest wood firmware - Nintendo is not after DS piracy anymore, meaning DS flashcarts have not been blocked in recent 3DS firmware updates for almost a year now.

As for DS Lite though, any cart should work.

6. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    The card is great for its price, just make sure it says r4ids.cn on the card, else you might get a clone card.

7. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    what's a good site?, don't wanna get one that doesn't work, or a site that doesn't send anything

8. Pox

Pox GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2014
    You have those cheap r4 on Aliexpres, although shipping is from China so it takes time.
    I bought mine r4 there, and works like a charm so far.

9. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Gotta be usa site gotta a visa gift card n it won't let me buy from China