Hacking What flash cart should I get next?

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had an r4, now got a cycloDS for similar reasons as yourself. It's pretty useful, plus uses same save format as r4 so you can just transfer everything across.

ExDee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Totally the CycloDS Evo. I wanna get the black one
ohmy.gif
but i still have to wait for summer
frown.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you can afford alot, then CycloDS. If you want something cheaper that's just as good, then Supercard DS1 SDHC. Supercard DS1 is $35 off of DealExtreme.

You should also think about Acekard RPG.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for something new too but I'm wondering if you can get 8gigs or maybe even more to work with sdhc cards like the cycloDS. Maybe there is a chart somewhere?

Or should I wait for something "new" thats comming soon?

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kompact said:
Thanks for the advice so far guys. Anyone know if these two would be a decent combo?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097

I don't have a ton of cash to spend but will spend more if these two won't be a good idea.

Most call me a fanboy, but I would suggest the CycloDS Evolution over the SuperCardSD ONE.

They speak english natively, have great support and listen to user suggestions. Case in point: the two features the SCONE has over the EVO are: Real-Time Text Reader, and soft-reset from homebrew. Guess what, users suggested these two features and the Real-Time Text Reader is coming out in the next beta, and they are looking into homebrew soft-reset.

The interface of the Evolution is very clean and fast, while the Supercard's a bit cluttered and pokey.

The SCONE has issues with using extra features like RTS, RTG, and soft reset with certain games.

The Evolution has no issues with MicroSDHC cards of any size.

Wii download play works too.

There are several other points to make, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
euphemism said:
Most call me a fanboy
Because you are one
lecture.gif

Essentially, the Supercard DS One vs CycloDS comparison looks something like this:

CycloDS:
Cleaner menu
Menu is a bit faster
Support team speaks english natively
Wii connectivity
Not spring-loaded
Costs almost twice as much as the SCDS1

SCDS1:
More customizable menu (feature-wise and appearance-wise)
More stable real-time save
In-game guide
Soft-reset in homebrew
Spring-loaded

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^That is the truth. But at least you're not ignorant like most. Plus you're a great skinner.

Like others have suggested, I would go with either the Evo or SCDS1. Both my are my favorite carts. I like the SCDS1 a little more because the RTS seems more compatible with most games(although since 1.3 on the Evo, RTS has gotten a lot better), and other features like real time guide(Evo is suppose to be gettinng it soon though) and soft resttable homebrew. Plus the SCDS1 is cheaper, and has more of a sophisticated GUI. But since you're used to the R4, you might feel more at him with the Evo, since the have similar, simple, GUI's.

Also...the Supercard Team is just kick ass. You know the SCDS1 will get supported for a very long time to come(just like their slot 2's).

But seriously though, these are the top two slot 1's, and it really doesn't matter which one you get. They're pretty similar in terms of features(as Urza pointed out in his comparison) and performance. I'm sure you'll be very happy with either one. I know I am.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E