Gaming What firmware do people think, Pokemon X & Y will require?

Chaossaturn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it not out yet, so no one can know, but what firmware do you think it will require? I'm currently on firmware "4.5.0-10" and want to stay there as it a safe firmware, if it requires higher I won't be getting it, till later.

Mod/admin Note: Did not know where to post this, move if you need to.

Niksy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't own a 3DS, however the latest firmware is 6.1.0 I believe? So, you can be sure Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will update your system to AT LEAST that firmware, probably newer.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The newest one available. Don't think they will let games be set on 4.5 that has exploits.

With Pokemon they could even force you to update when you go into their servers for battles and trades. Like Mario Kart 7.

Perhaps not at first, but could if flashcarts become a problem.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nobody knows on what FW version the 3DS will be by then, neither does anybody know what FW version X/Y will require. Maybe the latest, maybe it doesn't matter. Time will tell.

William Bernhard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scince our actual version is 6.1.0-12U Pokemon X & Y probably will need something between 6.2.X-XXU - 6.3.X-XXU and just like other games they will come with that Update included

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
id say about 7.0.0-X on teh cart
mainly because there will more than likely be a new Homemenu version to allow the features of the game

then there will be about 7.1.0-X by time of release due to a bug or something on it lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny