What features does the antivirus NOD32 have to offer?

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, everything was going fine wth our awesome antivirus which had no friggen problems. UNTIL it needed an update. The OS now sucks, it tried to "simplify things" by making everything that we might need in some nook somewhere, and now it's SUPER effing slow! 30 MINUTES TO COMPLETE A VIRUS SCAN? On the old version it was 10-15 minutes! So, I was the "Best anti-virus?" that somebody posted, and about everyone said NOD32 was excellent.
So what features does it have, I'll list some we need!
1. Is it a good anti virus in general? Will it sniff out everything
biggrin.gif
2. Does it block pop-ups and spam?
3. How much does it cost?
4. It is big (as in a computer file.)
5. Does it take LOADS of RAM to run? This isn't that big of a deal for my Dad (all of this bitdefender crap was on his computer)

Please reply in advance.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like NOD32 because it doesn't lag your computer as much as others do (IMO) and because it has less false-positives and a better accuracy than others.
I don't mind the cost, since I'm a pirate.
It's not big, the Smart Security pack (AV and Firewall) is about 20MB of download and when installed takes a little more space than that, compares to some other AVs which weight in at over 100MB.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
I like NOD32 because it doesn't lag your computer as much as others do (IMO) and because it has less false-positives and a better accuracy than others.
I don't mind the cost, since I'm a pirate.
It's not big, the Smart Security pack (AV and Firewall) is about 20MB of download and when installed takes a little more space than that, compares to some other AVs which weight in at over 100MB.

Same as above. I use Smart Security pack and it updates most days which is a good sign. I like it I download a lot of pirated software and you need a good anti-virus. NOD32 has not let me down.

1. Is it a good anti virus in general? Will it sniff out everything.

Yes mostly.

2. Does it block pop-ups and spam?

ESET Smart Security does Antivirus, AntiSpyware(Though not as well as spybot search and destroy) Firewall and Antispam.

3. How much does it cost?

Find out here http://www.eset.com/

4. It is big (as in a computer file.)

No 21.2 MB

5. Does it take LOADS of RAM to run? This isn't that big of a deal for my Dad (all of this bitdefender crap was on his computer)?

About 40mb of RAM looking at my computer running ESET Smart Security

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using nod32 for years now. While v3 of nod32 is out, I've decided to stick with nod32 2.7. Virus definitions are still being updated daily for this version and it uses just under 40mb of ram for me.

I didn't like version 3 for the simple fact that all internet connections were proxied through ekern.exe by nod32 v3. It messed with my firewall.

Nod32 itself doesn't block popups, it's just a virus scanner, and a good one at that. I suggest you use another program to deal with popups. Perhaps firefox and an addon might do the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.