Hacking What emulators do you think will be possible if the 3DS gets hacked?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Mupen64Plus also sucks a lot. But really the only good N64 Emulator is closed sourced.
Been running Mupen64Plus on Android since yesterday. Not really impressed at all. Better UI, but equal or worse compatibility with most games I've tried. The thing that dealbreaks it for me is the lack of inbuilt bluezIME support for the iControlpad. I can't play without my full analogs and pressure sensitivity.

And what close-sourced emulator do you speak of? Do you mean Sixtyforce for Mac?

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I forgot to say, that I´m VERY angry about Nintendo. Why do they not release SNES-, N64-, GBC and GBA Games on 3DS over Virtual Console? They wait if the 3DS is hacked and they cry, because everybody is using pirated games. I for me only need homebrew to run emulators.

Of course I expect, that the games are adjusted to the 3DS-Screen (like the GBA Games for the ambassadors. That was good work). The Virtual Console games on Wii are an only insolence, so I buyed none.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
And what close-sourced emulator do you speak of? Do you mean Sixtyforce for Mac?

Good old SixtyFource...
I once emailed the developer asking if he was still developing it... and if he planned to add a save Import/Export feature...

He replied, after a month... He said he was still working on a Lion version...

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Good old SixtyFource...
I once emailed the developer asking if he was still developing it... and if he planned to add a save Import/Export feature...

Really? How long ago was that? I used Sixtyforce on my Macbook Pro using OSX Lion, and it worked perfectly. 0_o

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good old SixtyFource...

Really? How long ago was that? I used Sixtyforce on my Macbook Pro using OSX Lion, and it worked perfectly. 0_o

I believe he meant one that took advantage of Lion features, like Full screen apps...

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea too bad a 3ds n64 emulator could never run goemon mystical ninja , i would love to play that game in 3d
oh well id be happy with 3d castlevania 64 and its sequel

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Um... mac could do full screen apps before, it's just that the app had to be designed to do it.
Now that Lion is touting the full-screen thing, lots of apps are adding it in to seem new and cool, and all that.

Kemosabe-TBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-edit- nvm should have looked at the specs first it is more powerfull.. really thought the ps1 was newer and more powerfull oh well lol fail for me
PS1 is a 32Bit console, N64 is a 64Bit console. You really don't have to look at specs to notice the difference.
The word size of a processor tells you absolutely nothing about how powerful a system is.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ehhhhhh it DEFINITELY tells you something. Would you expect the GBA (a 32 bit system) to emulate N64 (a 64 bit system)? I'm exaggerating of course, but you're right, the processor size definitely isn't an end-all be-all

Kemosabe-TBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ehhhhhh it DEFINITELY tells you something. Would you expect the GBA (a 32 bit system) to emulate N64 (a 64 bit system)? I'm exaggerating of course, but you're right, the processor size definitely isn't an end-all be-all
Obviously not, but not because it's a 32 bit system. PCs with 32 bit CPUs could easily emulate N64 more than 10 years ago.

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Obviously not, but not because it's a 32 bit system. PCs with 32 bit CPUs could easily emulate N64 more than 10 years ago.
I'm pretty sure "32 bit/64 bit" has a completely different context in computers, whereas in video games, that the graphical power (id est, SNES has 16 bit graphics, N64 had 64 bit graphics, Gamecube had 128 bit graphics, etc). But I could be wrong.

Kemosabe-TBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure "32 bit/64 bit" has a completely different context in computers, whereas in video games, that the graphical power (id est, SNES has 16 bit graphics, N64 had 64 bit graphics, Gamecube had 128 bit graphics, etc). But I could be wrong.
The context is the same, when we talk about an "n-bit system" we are always referring to the word-size of the processor. At the time console producers only used that term as a marketing ploy, in fact no console or computer, even today, has a 128 bit architecture. Some have 128 bit components, but that doesn't make them 128 bit systems.

You can also use bits to quantify other things like the number of colors (16 bit color is 2^16 = 65536 different colors) or the graphics card memory interface. Neither the SNES nor the GENESIS had 16 bit graphics, the SNES could display 256 simultaneous colors (8 bit) from a palette of 32768 possible colors (15 bit), it did have 16 bit CPU though. But tipically the bit number is used to refer to the CPU architecture. In whatever context you use the number of bits it can never be used as a relative metric of the power a system has.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i remember the pc engine /turbografx was also called 16 bit , bit i think it was actually 2 8 bit processors with a co processor
and then there was the atari jaguar which was supposed to be 64 bit, remember ther ad campaign? "do the math"
yeah do the math you just got ripped off , i know it also was not really 64 bit, but i forget exactly how they came to that conclusion, all i remember is it was complicated,and not really 64 bit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP