Gaming What does the pandora battery do?

OmegaVitaminC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What does it do? I was told that you can use it to play nes/snes games such as megaman on your psp.
whats the cheapest way to get one, and what are the requirements for your psp to use it?
I have a psp1000.

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last time i checked they were able to downgrade ANY fw of PSP, whether that remains true now im not sure, i'd head over to -snip- (Mods lemme know if im out of line for posting that link) and check it out, they have a great community and will definately fill you in. But the idea behind them is you pop it in instead of a normal battery and it loads up a Downgrade screen which downgrades your firmware to 1.0 allowing you to load up a CFW, it worked still on the 3.x FW's which is when i was big on the scene but since then things may have changed

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pandora battery is for PHATS and many SLIMS in any firmware,even till 6.20 and_above_, to downgrade your firmware enabling hacks,when you got CFW working you get the emus
smile.gif

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lolzed said:
Pandora battery is for PHATS and many SLIMS in any firmware,even till 6.20 and_above_, to downgrade your firmware enabling hacks,when you got CFW working you get the emus
smile.gif
Yah thats what i figured, altho wasnt for sure if they had patched it out in anyway with the more recent FW's i have my PSP at like 3.51 m33 or something, lol have to upgrade sometime soon, although i havent seen any releases that really jump out and make me want to spend time on upgrading the FW. As long as i can play Dissidia and FF CC im good xD

OmegaVitaminC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I get it. Thanks for the reply.
So, where do I get a CFW?
Is there a particular one I need to run emulators and stuff?
and does it have to be 1.00 or can it be up to version 3?
my current firmware version is 5.51

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OmegaVitaminC said:
Get a pandora battery + 1gb mspd (min). Convert that mspd into a mms. Insert pandora into psp with mms in as well. Press trigger needed if you put that on. Flash psp and voila.
tongue.gif

I don't understand what you are talking about in the first half of the post.

OmegaVitaminC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
OmegaVitaminC said:
Get a pandora battery + 1gb mspd (min). Convert that mspd into a mms. Insert pandora into psp with mms in as well. Press trigger needed if you put that on. Flash psp and voila.
tongue.gif

I don't understand what you are talking about in the first half of the post.

in the first half of the post I mean, where do I get a custom firmware or whatever they were talking about in the above posts.
what do you mean by Press trigger needed if you put that on?

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DreamTrooper said:
Last time i checked they were able to downgrade ANY fw of PSP, whether that remains true now im not sure, i'd head over to link (Mods lemme know if im out of line for posting that link) and check it out, they have a great community and will definately fill you in. But the idea behind them is you pop it in instead of a normal battery and it loads up a Downgrade screen which downgrades your firmware to 1.0 allowing you to load up a CFW, it worked still on the 3.x FW's which is when i was big on the scene but since then things may have changed

I recommend you remove the link....it's not allowed here

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would prefer to go the free route, you can hack through ChickHEN--although it can be very frustrating to get to work.

OmegaVitaminC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont mind buying a pandora battery if it can do all this though, so thanks.
I went to that psp-hacks.com and checked it out. what exactly and I suppost to be looking for on the site? I saw a bunch of cfws with similar names, and stuff.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OmegaVitaminC said:
i dont mind buying a pandora battery if it can do all this though, so thanks.
I went to that psp-hacks.com and checked it out. what exactly and I suppost to be looking for on the site? I saw a bunch of cfws with similar names, and stuff.
you'll be wanting 5.50 GEN D3,then check out your emus

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep,it's that. when hacked,a psp can do much more than play NES games and everything,I hope you know. also,you don't have to buy so expensive. just search around one of gbatemp's sponsored stores to find a pandora battery,grab yourself a 4gb memory stick so you can make yourself a magic memory stick and load psp games and emus. do a little extra searching next time,and only post if you cannot find any information at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes