What do you want out of your Social Network?

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part1:

I would like to be able to decide if we show or hide the fact that we are friend with someone else on HIS page.

For example, my brother want me to create a facebook account so I can see my nephew pictures he is posting there.
I don't want my other family member to know that I have an account, I don't want them to ask me as friend (which I'll reject).

So, I would like to have my brother as friend, but that my name doesn't appear on my brother's profile as his friend.
Setting "hidden" option for search engine, but still being listed on other user's profile page is completely dumb.

Same for comments for example. Posting a comment on a picture/blog, that either my name or my entire comment is not shown to specific peoples.
I think we can decide that on our OWN profile, but not on other user's profiles.

I would like a more controllable privacy setting.

PS: Yeah, I know, I can just create a fake account name, but I won't do that either. I prefer not having one at all.

being able to add gbatemp friend+online friends+my brother, but not being shown by other friend of friend, that's what I want a social network to be :P

Part2:
I don't like abusive contract.

Block those family members just after creating the account and everyone else you wouln't want to see your activity.
When you block someone they don't see your comments they can't see your profile they don't even know you exist.
Of course if you comment on one of those photos and your brother replies it would look like hes talking to something invisible so I guess there are flaws with that.
My ideal social network: No social network.

Again.Expand please.
i'm actually happy with the social network at the moment
Which social network and why?
Huh... What I want in a social network... Well, for starters, I hate how random people are able to find our profiles and send frienship requests, I also hate how lots of people think that having lots of faceboo/myspace/hi5/etc, friends is a good thing and a reason to brag about. I prefer simple things, sure, maybe it can have a few games and all that stuff, but there's no need to ask so much personal info in most sites, well, so far, google+ has been the most decent social network I've seen, but I guess thats because it's new... Sooner or later it'll become like facebook and the others.

A good social network should do things for you, like, groups already existing (like on google+ where they have friends, family and people you know)) and you don't have to create them for the most part, it could also have an online music player of some sort where people could choose their fave songs and maybe people that also liked those songs could be added to some sort of group where the people you wanted to know but still didn't stayed. xP

Well, I guess it's kinda hard to specify, mostly because I get bored of social networks quite easily.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok if I could edit say Facebook to be just the way I wanted it.

NO FUCKING GAMES AT ALL.

All the details you mention ie I like such and such, does NOT result in spam connected to that detail.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

NO FUCKING GAMES AT ALL.

All the details you mention ie I like such and such, does NOT result in spam connected to that detail.
Yes game requests are annoying.

Not very fun at all considering I get like 3 a day.

Well, some facebook games are fun to kill time, I just hate the fact you have to either spam others or beg them to also join the game so you can have whatever it is you need to have X neighbours for and if you don't want to use the spam and neighbours, you pay quite a lot.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NO FUCKING GAMES AT ALL.

Yes game requests are annoying.

Not very fun at all considering I get like 3 a day.

Well, some facebook games are fun to kill time, I just hate the fact you have to either spam others or beg them to also join the game so you can have whatever it is you need to have X neighbours for and if you don't want to use the spam and neighbours, you pay quite a lot.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What wouldn't I want out of a social network?

-Take out Zuckerberg.
-Implement a more useful method of chatting.
-Better Notifications (LAGTASTIC LULZ)
-A nice, clean UI.
-To keep it as it was intended. No switching from a Social site to a Media site. (MySpace?)
-None of that competition crap. Keep it original.
-Full Blown Customization of Profile. (Kinda like MySpace.)
-Better security functions. (Too many bots floating around net space.)

The list goes on... and on...... and on...

btw? Notice how most of these pertain to FaceBook? Weird...

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
My social network, facebook, does what it needs to do for me; chat/share news/pictures/vids/etc. There's nothing i can think of that i would like to see implemented. I have mixed views on the privacy settings though, stalker? Why yes!

I swear people expect too much from a social network, like they expect to make money off of it or something......

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My social network, facebook, does what it needs to do for me; chat/share news/pictures/vids/etc. There's nothing i can think of that i would like to see implemented. I have mixed views on the privacy settings though, stalker? Why yes!

I swear people expect too much from a social network, like they expect to make money off of it or something......

The people I know? Don't... Most of them are happy.. However, it really gets frustrating that they loooooove to just change the way it looks.. Give it a facelift and add COMPLETELY unnecessary features... Like the photo viewer in FaceBook... Then they act like there's nothing wrong. Chat is still broken.. Messages don't send sometimes. The application/webapp is completely ignored until they feel that it needs to look different... Then they decide to fix one or two, NOT ALL, of the major bugs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what a bout call of duty