Hacking What do you think will happen to your 3DS

Do you think Nintendo will resort to bricking your system?

• YES!! OMG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No??? -.-

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt they will brick systems, that would piss off a bit too many people (PSN got a taste of hackers fury....i dont think nintendo would go to far)
As for what they might block or what we would have to avoid is the same as PSP or DS, updates would have to be skipped so Eshop and games online might not be possible, but local MP i dont think can possibly be touched since it has nothing to do with connecting to anything nintendo has.

But even then on my CFW psp i can play games online even though its "hacked" (like Phantasy Star Portable 2) so even that might not be really effected as long as the firware on either the cards or console is kept up, we might even be able to still go online. The online system for nintendo is pretty minor compared to what the NGP will very likely have (same for the Wii compared to PS3/360) they dont seem to pay a heck of a lot of attention to it in the first place, so who really knows.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Lightning said:
They will NOT brick your system. Then they get sued, because you sued them.
You can't sue Nintendo, how did you work that one out?
Any unauthorised equipment used on a 3DS voids your warranty and Nintendo won't do anything about it. If you tried to sue them, you'd lose money rather than Nintendo.
Read the small print next time.

Anyway, I would vote but the unnecessary use of emoticons and OMG!! is stopping me from voting.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IF they do something they will disable online services, but not StreetPass, since StreetPass is something it's been advertised and sold with so (at least in Europe) they won't be able to remove it or will have to pay everyone half the money back. And paying the pirates definately isn't something they'd want
tongue.gif

Slynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
AlanJohn said:
Even if they brick it, they will get sued BADLY.
Not if the user agrees to the Terms of Service.
Wow you people are dense. It's a Terms of Service. The ONLY thing you can legally do with a Terms of Service is legally deny someone Service. This DOES NOT include the basic use of your system. It includes warranty, online access, access to their servers (for e-shop and the like), and general customer service. Making your system completely unusable is *drum roll* .... ILLEGAL. *Plays a fanfare* You're a moron if you think they can make your system unusable legally. Why don't you look up when Microsoft tried that on the 360
wink.gif

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I think the most Nintendo would do is to disable flashcarts through updates, and make those updates mandatory for eShop, etc., similar to the Wii.

If they brick the system, they get sued by literally thousands of people. Their reputation would take a blow I doubt they'd take (think of Sony getting warned and investigated by the canadian government(!), because of the PSN hack)

Also, hackers would probably answer such a measure with an attack comparable with the attack on Sony (though Nintendo, as far as I know, doesn't store credit card data).

Not to mention that there are many people who would only buy a 3DS if there were a flashcart available for it.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Naridar said:
I think the most Nintendo would do is to disable flashcarts through updates, and make those updates mandatory for eShop, etc., similar to the Wii.

This. It will probably be the same game of cat and mouse with the use of updates.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a flashcart, but not sure exactly what will happen. I honestly don't care. I will resolve the problem regardless.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkangel5000 said:
Actually I HOPE that Nintendo will disable all online features (including Streetpass). Seriously, even if Nintendo bricks the whole console of pirates, I'd be okay with it.
That's not the point though. Regardless of who used the flashcart, it affects those who simply had a flashcart in the system, even for a few seconds. Thus, a lot of innocent people may be affected.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
s4mid4re said:
I think you should add "disable flashcarts" on the second portion of the poll.
I think that's obvious.

Also, I'm talking about what would Ninty do to the system. nothing to do with the flashcart

machomuu said:
QUOTE(darkangel5000 @ May 22 2011, 05:00 PM) Actually I HOPE that Nintendo will disable all online features (including Streetpass). Seriously, even if Nintendo bricks the whole console of pirates, I'd be okay with it.
That's not the point though. Regardless of who used the flashcart, it affects those who simply had a flashcart in the system, even for a few seconds. Thus, a lot of innocent people may be affected.
Yup. Let's say my younger brother found a flashcart and inserts it in the 3DS, later he finds out that the Internet browser and streetpass functions all not working?

Lots of people would be affected, however I think it would still be done. Look at the 360 and the live ban... I have to say it worked well in minimizing piracy.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing at all will happen. The most Nintendo will do would be try to block flashcarts, they won't do anything else. Nintendo doesn't even know that you've been using a flashcart, they're disguised as 'Dorasu' or something else.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Nothing at all will happen. The most Nintendo will do would be try to block flashcarts, they won't do anything else. Nintendo doesn't even know that you've been using a flashcart, they're disguised as 'Dorasu' or something else.
I can't be too sure, so I'm not going to use my SCDS2 on my 3DS till June 6/7th.
tongue.gif

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no

others: firmware update to block flashcart as usual

edit: ps: I think blocking access to E-shop is a bad idea cause nintendo (as every compagny) want to make money, so blocking a potential customer even if he pirate some games is not a good merchant strategy.( but I might be wrong ^^)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o