Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggaonmydev.tk
XP
Country
Cyprus
what the heck happened to my 11.13 firmware 3DS
after hacking it with a spanish hax, when i insert my nintendogs card it resets and shows the BOOTROM error in a bluescreen
if i remove the card it boots up normally again wth.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please try to use a more descriptive subject line than "what happened" when you create a thread.

after hacking it with a spanish hax
You're going to have to be a lot more precise about that, as I'm sure no one has any idea what "spanish hax" is supposed to mean.

when i insert my nintendogs card it resets and shows the BOOTROM error in a bluescreen
Meaning what, exactly..? You insert the cartridge and without doing anything else, it shows that error? Does the same problem occur with other cartridges? What about other apps on the home screen?

I can certainly tell you that this is nothing like anything I've heard of before. Bluescreen bootrom errors are typically associated with major hardware failure.

Is this the same unit you were messing with in https://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-mcu-or-nand-brick.628651/ ?

ProjectGD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggaonmydev.tk
XP
Country
Cyprus
Please try to use a more descriptive subject line than "what happened" when you create a thread.

You're going to have to be a lot more precise about that, as I'm sure no one has any idea what "spanish hax" is supposed to mean.

Meaning what, exactly..? You insert the cartridge and without doing anything else, it shows that error? Does the same problem occur with other cartridges? What about other apps on the home screen?

I can certainly tell you that this is nothing like anything I've heard of before. Bluescreen bootrom errors are typically associated with major hardware failure.

Is this the same unit you were messing with in https://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-mcu-or-nand-brick.628651/ ?
1 the spanish hax is a "Lopez Tutoriales" hax
2 the error happens in every cartridge
3 No, it is not the same error

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one has any idea what that is supposed to mean either. If you followed some random Spanish Youtube tutorial, then no one here is likely going to be able to help you.

3 No, it is not the same error
I didn't ask if it was the same error, I was asking if it was the same unit you were "experimenting" with before. Because if you've been heavily experimenting with this unit, then you can probably expect to encounter more problems that no one is likely going to be able to help you with.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand what that means. But if you followed a YouTube tutorial, they are super outdated. Instead, follow the latest modding guide here: https://3ds.guide

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Just saying spanish hax or lopez tutoriales won't help us. What method did the guy use to hack it? Soundhax?Krtdplax?Seedminer? If we don't know the details we can't really help. Give us more information about the process or how you did it

ProjectGD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggaonmydev.tk
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just saying spanish hax or lopez tutoriales won't help us. What method did the guy use to hack it? Soundhax?Krtdplax?Seedminer? If we don't know the details we can't really help. Give us more information about the process or how you did it
i used the Soundhax and methax
The console worked fine for 3 months, then when I turned it on yesterday with a nintendogs cartridge it showed a nand brick type error and I removed the cartridge and it worked fine again
Post automatically merged:

another thing the guy said that you had to install the devmenu from the hshop to modify a system setting to use luma correctly

Last edited by ProjectGD,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console worked fine for 3 months, then when I turned it on yesterday with a nintendogs cartridge it showed a nand brick type error and I removed the cartridge and it worked fine again

another thing the guy said that you had to install the devmenu from the hshop to modify a system setting to use luma correctly
When was the last time you actually updated luma ?

I can almost gurentee you have outdated files if you followed a YouTube guide

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, the thing is that devmenu hasn't been used in forever, you don't need it in order to use luma correctly. Does your 3ds boot without the sd card? Anyway it would be best if you restore a nand backup, since it sure did mess up something using devmenu

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was asking if it was the same unit you were "experimenting" with before. Because if you've been heavily experimenting with this unit, then you can probably expect to encounter more problems that no one is likely going to be able to help you with.
You still didn't answer this question.

No one on this board has ever mentioned "methax" before either. Is that https://github.com/Kelonio-hub/Methax-3 or something?

You would probably be better off searching the Internet for other "methax" users to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem, because like I said, hacking a 3DS does not normally result in bootrom errors! And certainly it never requires the installation of devmenu to "use luma correctly"!?

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You still didn't answer this question.

No one on this board has ever mentioned "methax" before either. Is that https://github.com/Kelonio-hub/Methax-3 or something?

You would probably be better off searching the Internet for other "methax" users to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem, because like I said, hacking a 3DS does not normally result in bootrom errors! And certainly it never requires the installation of devmenu to "use luma correctly"!?
LOOOOLLL, the credits on this github: "Yakara for your boot9 improvement script.". The same YakaraColombia, A.K.A Yakara Bricks that bricked more than 1000 3ds on a single youtube video couple years ago sharing his otp.bin file

Yeahhh @soggadev I bet you bricked your 3ds, ntrboothax would restore it if the bootroom error is about a software fault

I updated luma a week ago

the hack came with luma updater so its not outdated
Probably it is, because no one uses Luma Updater nowadays, the app doesn't work anymore

ProjectGD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggaonmydev.tk
XP
Country
Cyprus
LOOOOLLL, the credits on this github: "Yakara for your boot9 improvement script.". The same YakaraColombia, A.K.A Yakara Bricks that bricked more than 1000 3ds on a single youtube video couple years ago sharing his otp.bin file

Yeahhh @soggadev I bet you bricked your 3ds, ntrboothax would restore it if the bootroom error is about a software fault

Probably it is, because no one uses Luma Updater nowadays, the app doesn't work anymore
im gonna try formatting my 3ds removing every hack then install it with the USM Method

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im gonna try formatting my 3ds removing every hack then install it with the USM Method
Please not.

I did not read that thread (yet). Please not the "I'll delete everything and start from scratch method!" That can end very, very badly.

Reactions: zoogie

ProjectGD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggaonmydev.tk
XP
Country
Cyprus
Please not.

I did not read that thread (yet). Please not the "I'll delete everything and start from scratch method!" That can end very, very badly.
i formatted it and hacked it with the USM way, it worked but the cardtridge error didnt fixed

I didn't ask if it was the same error, I was asking if it was the same unit you were "experimenting" with before. Because if you've been heavily experimenting with this unit, then you can probably expect to encounter more problems that no one is likely going to be able to help you with.
it is not the same unit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol