What do you think of my playing?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by VashTS, Apr 27, 2012.

Apr 27, 2012
  1. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    http://soundcloud.com/bobbyglitter9/shred-1/s-9Tk15

Just curious if my shredding sounds cool to anyone. I don't care, just looking for what anyone thinks.

Before you criticize be aware its straight improv, off the cuff shredding. It has no direction nor any practice before, it was a simple pick up and play. That's normally what I do with my playing, I don't like playing other people's stuff. I do know quite a few songs, namely Rammstein, Metallica, and a few random cool riffs from popular stuffs (and not so popular stuff). Been playing for about 13 years now, just like having fun with it, I'm not into technicals.

2. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That was most triumphant! Rufus, (George Carlin) would be proud. I can't play anywhere near that well yet but Im learning and I just got a few effects petals today in the mail. :D

3. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    well thanks for the compliment, appreciated!

what kind of pedals did you get? i want some more, i only have 1 distortion pedal. i would love to get a wah pedal.

4. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Grunge distortion and Boss overdrive. I'm learning Nirvana songs and the old Bush songs like greedy fly at the moment. I was looking at a wah pedal myself but I'm gonna wait on that until I get faster. I can't believe you don't have a wah pedal yet after 13 years of playing. My buddy has been playing for around 7 years and he has one of those multi effect boards that can do around 10 different effects. He is still deciding If he would be willing to give me lessons for intermediate / advanced technics. I don't mind learning myself like I have been for about a year so far but I learn much faster playing with someone else and asking questions.

5. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Give me a moment to retrieve my face.

For random jamming, it was pretty good. Try to work some order into the chaos.

6. Guitfiddle

Newcomer Guitfiddle Newbie

United States
    I lke it!