Gaming What DO YOU REALLY THINK OF SUPER MARIO Galaxy?

Galacta

>:)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AH....super mario galaxy... the best game on the wii..

It is really good......but what do u think about the game?

-for people whove played it only-

Sweet Dreams!

-Monopron-

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's for people who loved it, then this thread isn't really for people to say what they REALLY THINK about it! :-P

Loved it. Really came close to SM64 greatness (though it was pretty easy). Also, I loved Sunshine as well, but this one was really a spiritual sequel to SM64.

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i give it a GIANT MEH i have the game, infact it was the first wii game i ever got, but it was one of those game for me where once you beat the boss you just dont want or really NEED to keep playing, i mean you bet the boss and oyu won yay so i dont think it was anywhere as great as sunshine or sm64 but still a great game on wii

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Best Game Evar!

'brings it down a notch'

i do beleive its the best looking game on the wii. I enjoyed it immensely. Sm64 is still one of my favorites and galaxy brought that back and more. Planet physics, i spent hours long jumping around the small planets trying to orbit. The mario 3 music was awesome too. 9.0 easy

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for me it was the best game of last year. one of the few games I completed 100%. Really loved playing it. Great music, great gameplay, great gfx, great controls. and I loved the purple coin levels. 10/10 for me.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enjoyed it tons more than SM64 (one of the most over-rated games in gaming history), but it wasn't perfect. The gameplay and level design were without fault, but what takes away from the game? The Wii controls. Yup. I'm left-handed, and I tried holding the Wii-mote and nunchuk in either hand, but neither felt quite right. I ended up playing through the entire game feeling slightly crippled. Control over Mario was amazing in the sense of input, and the levels were just awe-inspiring in how fun and creative they were. But I never felt like I was fully engaged. I love the Wii concept and the Wii controls, just not for this game. I wish I could have turned the Wii remote sideways and played through the game a la an NES/SNES Mario game. That would have likely made it perfect.

Otherwise, it's by far the best 3D platformer now available (that I've played
wink2.gif
).

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Its ok the first time.
Then it dies.

Unlike some other cheaper games which don't get boring after one play.

Enough said, can a mod kill the topic?

@poke-arc-en-ciel_785, get firefox, its better than whatever your using, and has a built in spellcheck. I spent 5 mins trying to read what you said.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
needs better cameras (let me choose a fixed position)
and/or
needs better analog control. (don't change the direction i have to press because the game decides to change the viewing angle)

goodboy735

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
@poke-arc-en-ciel_785, get firefox, its better than whatever your using, and has a built in spellcheck. I spent 5 mins trying to read what you said.
Whats wrong with it?

smg is so so for me. its fun, but a little hard. and the controls are a little confusing when you go upside down
wacko.gif

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like 3-d mario games but this one was cool, kind of forgettable though, once you knew how to beat bowser once you knew how to beat him every time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo