What do you exactly need for

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Mikk0, Nov 13, 2010.

Nov 13, 2010

What do you exactly need for by Mikk0 at 7:31 AM (1,094 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Mikk0
    OP

Newcomer Mikk0 Advanced Member

Finland
    I was kinda thinking of spending an € or two to buy this for my wii.. But as far as my googling goes i couldnt find anything even remotely usefull to see what kind of gear em i supposed to have with this?

Apparently i do need a Wii Speak, but it doesent come with head set or anything? If anyone would be kind enugh to share some info i'dd be really glad [​IMG]

2. boondoklife

Member boondoklife GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If i recall correctly there is a headset but I think it is still usb! I really don't understand why the wii needs a WIRED mic it is just poor planning.

[LINK]

3. eggzy

Newcomer eggzy Member

Croatia
    can you use other headsets?

I have plantronics, they come with usb, I'll try when I find them

4. Mikk0
    OP

Finland
    let me know your setup if/when that works out please [​IMG]

5. Gabelvampir

Member Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Germany
    WiiSpeak was designed in a way that it doesn't need a headset, it's a microphone that you place on you TV and has some noise cancelation build in. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with it, so I can't tell you how good that works.

6. Mikk0
    OP

Finland
    hmm.. thats certainly intresting, atleast in thery..

but it does have an usb plug? atleast in the image i saw somewhere.. and cod headset seems to have pulg also so ...

theres quite a few players with voice chat on cod bo, so im assuming theres atleast one in gbatemp who could enlighten me [​IMG]

7. megamike360

Newcomer megamike360 Member

United States
    The headbanger headset is the ONLY headset that will work with black ops, it is a headset with an 11 foot 4.5 inch cord that plugs into the usb slot.

8. Mikk0
    OP

Finland
    seems to me that i have to find a vendor that sells these kind of things then [​IMG]

9. boondoklife

Member boondoklife GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I personally will just stick with using a bluetooth headset and voip/skype for voice during games. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that nintendo has wireless remotes by default but forces you to use a wired headset.

Wii speak is ok, but if you are playing a game with a lot of audio then you may experience feedback which just blows. It does a decent job of noise canceling but really a wireless headset is the only real solution in my opinion, especially if your wii is more than 11 ft from you.

10. Mikk0
    OP

Finland
    kinda agree with you there.. wired headset sounds quite silly to me

but 11 feet is like over 3m? so not really a prob for me like the voip/skype would be