OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I was kinda thinking of spending an € or two to buy this for my wii.. But as far as my googling goes i couldnt find anything even remotely usefull to see what kind of gear em i supposed to have with this?

Apparently i do need a Wii Speak, but it doesent come with head set or anything? If anyone would be kind enugh to share some info i'dd be really glad
smile.gif

Mikk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
boondoklife said:
If i recall correctly there is a headset but I think it is still usb! I really don't understand why the wii needs a WIRED mic it is just poor planning.

[LINK]

now what the hell.. im all wireless at the moment (mote+nuncha) but i have to drag a line to wiispeak usb connectr to connect my [inser headset here]?
if so thats just retarded.. since if this is like every standard line it going to be too short and i have to buy some sort of stupid extencion..

iso wireless, anyone know?
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(eggzy @ Nov 13 2010, 07:49 PM) can you use other headsets?

I have plantronics, they come with usb, I'll try when I find them

let me know your setup if/when that works out please
smile.gif

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiSpeak was designed in a way that it doesn't need a headset, it's a microphone that you place on you TV and has some noise cancelation build in. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with it, so I can't tell you how good that works.

Mikk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Gabelvampir said:
WiiSpeak was designed in a way that it doesn't need a headset, it's a microphone that you place on you TV and has some noise cancelation build in. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with it, so I can't tell you how good that works.

hmm.. thats certainly intresting, atleast in thery..

but it does have an usb plug? atleast in the image i saw somewhere.. and cod headset seems to have pulg also so ...

theres quite a few players with voice chat on cod bo, so im assuming theres atleast one in gbatemp who could enlighten me
biggrin.gif

megamike360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The headbanger headset is the ONLY headset that will work with black ops, it is a headset with an 11 foot 4.5 inch cord that plugs into the usb slot.

Mikk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
megamike360 said:
The headbanger headset is the ONLY headset that will work with black ops, it is a headset with an 11 foot 4.5 inch cord that plugs into the usb slot.

seems to me that i have to find a vendor that sells these kind of things then
smile.gif

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally will just stick with using a bluetooth headset and voip/skype for voice during games. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that nintendo has wireless remotes by default but forces you to use a wired headset.

Wii speak is ok, but if you are playing a game with a lot of audio then you may experience feedback which just blows. It does a decent job of noise canceling but really a wireless headset is the only real solution in my opinion, especially if your wii is more than 11 ft from you.

Mikk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
boondoklife said:
I personally will just stick with using a bluetooth headset and voip/skype for voice during games. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that nintendo has wireless remotes by default but forces you to use a wired headset.

Wii speak is ok, but if you are playing a game with a lot of audio then you may experience feedback which just blows. It does a decent job of noise canceling but really a wireless headset is the only real solution in my opinion, especially if your wii is more than 11 ft from you.

kinda agree with you there.. wired headset sounds quite silly to me

but 11 feet is like over 3m? so not really a prob for me like the voip/skype would be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)