• Replies 24

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They're not going to care about out-of-region entries in uid.sys. Putting an out-of-region disc in at the system menu (even if the disc comes up as unrecognized) is enough to open the partition and assign a uid to the title. Their "homebrew checker" disk actually creates entries for twilight princess from each region when it checks for the twilight hack. So if you send in your wii to be fixed... you're saying nintendo will void your warranty?

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
They're not going to care about out-of-region entries in uid.sys. Putting an out-of-region disc in at the system menu (even if the disc comes up as unrecognized) is enough to open the partition and assign a uid to the title. Their "homebrew checker" disk actually creates entries for twilight princess from each region when it checks for the twilight hack. So if you send in your wii to be fixed... you're saying nintendo will void your warranty?

Perhaps this will give you some more insight on the subject: http://hackmii.com/2010/04/check-disk-for-...repair-process/

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man, I posted that while still half asleep and didn't read your post well enough I guess.

As far as I know your warranty is no good if they detect homebrew on the console. In the OP's case I think his main concern would be priiloader leaving things behind in the NAND but I'm sure there are other things I don't know of that are likely to be laying around on his NAND.

I'd be interested in finding out what all is on mine. Given all the stuff I've put on it over the years I'm sure I have traces of homebrew everywhere on my first Wii.

M

mario5555

OP
Ok guys, thanks for the information.

Fear the Tubes, cheers on the link, I'll look it over. I did the official update for the shop channel before I softmodded last night and was able to get into the channel fine last night after I put the HBC on, but thanks for letting me know what I need to do in the future for updates if I need to go on again.

I think I'll probably just buy everything I wanted in the shop channel (3 games) and call it good enough, if in the (almost) 4 years since it's been out they've only come out with a handful of things I want, that makes me not to worried if I can't get back on the shop channel ever again past this point, (and after I get my games), since I don't believe their will be anything worth getting for awhile, that's worth paying for. (Plus the prices are mostly insane anyway)

My only comment is, if Nintendo would wise up like their competitor did (Sony) and make the system region free then I wouldn't have had to soft mod it to begin with, and they say people don't have any interest in modding their systems for legit purposes, when they shouldn't have to mod them to begin with.
rolleyes.gif

Again thanks for all the help, you guys have been a big help. Cheers.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: