Hacking What do I need to ensure my Wii will never permanently brick?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing that can ensure that. there are tools to help prevent it but it's not possible to completely eliminate bricks.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
There is nothing that can ensure that. there are tools to help prevent it but it's not possible to completely eliminate bricks.
Liar, there is one way to ensure it. Keep your wii off and never plug it in again and keep it in a static free room

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamerjr said:
Hells Guardian said:
Liar, there is one way to ensure it. Keep your wii off and never plug it in again and keep it in a static free room
creative, but u forgot about the ninjas.

but i think he actually wants to play it.

all i can say install one of those programs that makes a restore menu and don't be an idiot follow the directions.

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
then whats starfall or whatever its called for?
Prevention, it's like a condom for hax!
yay.gif

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
But abstinence is the only 100% guaranteed method. In this case it means leave your wii the fuck alone.
Exactly, if you don't want the risk of getting your Wii bricked (knocked up) then don't hack it (fuck it). But starfall (condoms) reduce the risk greatly, but not always (they could break). Come on, all the other kids are doing it.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As previously mentioned, Starfall and PreLoader are both as the best tools that are in the scene so far in regards to recovering from a (semi or other) brick. Both do similar tasks and which you want depends on personal preference.. Try each and see which one you like better. I personally use PreLoader. When BootMii comes out (if it does) then that will also be a great way to prevent bricks, but the release date on that is TBA...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm how to avoid bricks? Well, that's very easy: Don't do stupid stuff. Don't mess with the system, don't upgrade to 4.0, don't install cioscorp and don't install channels. And never accept an update from nintendo.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say... never delete the system menu and have preloader installed, this includes never updating or downgrading.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cthg said:
I'd say... never delete the system menu and have preloader installed, this includes never updating or downgrading.

If you say: "never delete system menu" you have to say: never delete the IOS used by the system menu, too. Even if you have preloader, you need it.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS's uninstallation/corruption are the most common type of bricks... Just make sure you don't uninstall any official IOS's (even if you patched them).. I understand the need or want to "virginize" wii's but thats when all teh problems start.. So in essence, keep IOS's intact, meaning dont uninstall any...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30