What did you think of the 84th Academy Awards

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by smile72, Feb 27, 2012.

1. smile72
    OP

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    So what did you guys think of the 84th Academy Awards? I'm glad 'The Artist' won Best Picture and Best Director. I'm also glad for Meryl Streep getting her 3rd Oscar (after 30 years) though I would have preferred Michelle Williams.

2. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I wish they would all win, because they're STARS. When 1 movie wins, the rest lose and that makes me cry.

3. SinHarvest24

SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Oct 8, 2010
    Chad
    Anywhere you think of me.
    How the hell didn't Drive win best sound editing?!?

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    The Academy Awards are an irrelevant spectacle run by those who have been out of touch for ages. I mean, really, The Artist for Best Picture? It's a movie built around a cheap gimmick; it's not necessarily bad, but do you really think that it will stand the test of time? Will it matter? Will anyone still be talking about it in 10 years? Or 5? Hell, even 1? (And the same can be said of other "Best Pictures" over the ages, from How Green Is My Valley to Slumdog Millionaire, from My Fair Lady to The King's Speech, from Shakespeare in Love to Crash, etc., etc.)

At least Sacha Baren Cohen got a good joke on Ryan Seacrest; Joel McHale must have really enjoyed that one.

5. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Nothing. I didn't watch it. All it is, is a booster shot to the movie industry to keep it going until the next ceremony.

6. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey
    The only thing I enjoyed about it was when SBC, The Dictator, poured ashes over Ryan Secrest, I don't care if I spelt his last name wrong because I'm an Ignorant bastard.

7. Jennyfurr

Jennyfurr GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    under a rock
    I haven't seen most of the movies that were up for any awards :/ lol
    I did like the thing Billy Crystal said at the beginning about how it was basically millionaires getting gold statues. haha..