What did you think of the 84th Academy Awards

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So what did you guys think of the 84th Academy Awards? I'm glad 'The Artist' won Best Picture and Best Director. I'm also glad for Meryl Streep getting her 3rd Oscar (after 30 years) though I would have preferred Michelle Williams.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Academy Awards are an irrelevant spectacle run by those who have been out of touch for ages. I mean, really, The Artist for Best Picture? It's a movie built around a cheap gimmick; it's not necessarily bad, but do you really think that it will stand the test of time? Will it matter? Will anyone still be talking about it in 10 years? Or 5? Hell, even 1? (And the same can be said of other "Best Pictures" over the ages, from How Green Is My Valley to Slumdog Millionaire, from My Fair Lady to The King's Speech, from Shakespeare in Love to Crash, etc., etc.)

At least Sacha Baren Cohen got a good joke on Ryan Seacrest; Joel McHale must have really enjoyed that one.

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen most of the movies that were up for any awards :/ lol
I did like the thing Billy Crystal said at the beginning about how it was basically millionaires getting gold statues. haha..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?