What CFW?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sjones900, Jan 17, 2011.

Jan 17, 2011

What CFW? by sjones900 at 4:16 AM (1,102 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. sjones900
    OP

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    So I got a PSP 2000 today, fully hackable. I don't have a pandora battery, so I thought I'd just use the Patapon exploit. Now that I'm homebrew enabled, what's the latest and greatest CFW?

2. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As far as I know 5.00 m33-6 is still the most stable (theres always 5.50 gen-d, but ive heard it was not as good). With Prom-4, you will still be able to run any game so far regardless of m33 or gen.

There is a new cfw for 2000's that is for 6.35, but it is in beta and can only do homebrew and isos (and no psx), so I would wait for that to mature more before considering that.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The FAQ lists them. While there's later stuff, they're not as good yet.

Also, the patapon exploit... you're on 6.20? Then you can run the X-GEN updater to downgrade directly to 5.50 GEN-D3 (where you can run hellcat's to go to 5.00 M33-6 if you wish).

People always claim M33 has higher compatibility, but outside of support for 1.50 homebrew (which is quite rare and often superseded by modern homebrew) I never see it.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Latest CFW is 6.35 CFW which is in beta. Greatest (according to popularity) is 5.00 M33-6. I'm on 5.50 GEN-D on my PSP Slim and M33-6 on my PSP Phat.

5. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    with prom-4 shouldnt they have the same compatibility (other than 1.5 homebrew, and i also thought LEDA could install on gen)?

most complaints i heard were not because of compatibility, but because of the overall stability of gen.

6. sjones900
    OP

United States
    Well.... that was..... interesting. I ran TN HEN so I could boot the X-Gen installer. Everything was going great until it got to "assigning flashes" and then it froze. Now I NEED a pandora battery. FML

7. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    You did turn off the Flash protection, right?

8. sjones900
    OP

United States
    I believe so.

9. sjones900
    OP

United States
    Well I hardmodded my battery, made a MMS and installed 5.00 M33-6. Everything worked out and I'm happy, thanks everyone for your suggestions.

10. Rydian

United States
    The crash at that point of install shows that you did NOT turn off flash0 protection first (that's a bug that should be fixed in TN-C).

11. sjones900
    OP

United States
    What difference does it really make now? I'm running 5.00 M33-6 with Prometheus-3. I did not even know there was flash protection, it's kind of a silly thing to put there If it doesn't protect against formating the flashes.

12. Rydian

United States
    I was pointing out what the actual problem was. That is important on a forum, so other people can learn to not make the same mistake.

It does protect against formatting them, but not something else to do with them, which was the bug, and will be fixed in the next version.

13. sjones900
    OP

United States
    Well thank you for that. I promise I will never make that same mistake again.

But really that's good that you do that, most forum members look at posts and say "Oh I see what you did there! But I'm not gonna type a response." Kinda defeats the purpose. One forum that's really bad about that is insanelymac.com, you would be lucky to get a response from anyone. Anyway all that's off-topic, thanks again.