Hardware What can I do with no Joy Cons, tablet only?

c4pt1n54n0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left my Joy Cons at a friend's house nearly 100 miles away, won't have a chance to get them for a couple weeks. My switch is still untouched as far as software/firmware mods, what could I do with no joy cons to still get some use out of it in the meantime?

Solitario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I left my Joy Cons at a friend's house nearly 100 miles away, won't have a chance to get them for a couple weeks. My switch is still untouched as far as software/firmware mods, what could I do with no joy cons to still get some use out of it in the meantime?

if you like music game could play Deemo or Voez sold in the eshop ^^

Reactions: Xyphoseos

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why not just get your friend to post them back to you?

The_Green_Nerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I should get a cheap USB controller of a USB-adapter for any laying controllers you now have. Like PS4 of Gamecube. Be aware, the official gamecube adapter of Nintendo doesn't give you all the buttons you need.

When you want to do someething risky, you could buy a paire of joycons and send them back within 30 days of sell them after you received your old onses.

c4pt1n54n0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I should get a cheap USB controller of a USB-adapter for any laying controllers you now have. Like PS4 of Gamecube. Be aware, the official gamecube adapter of Nintendo doesn't give you all the buttons you need.

When you want to do someething risky, you could buy a paire of joycons and send them back within 30 days of sell them after you received your old onses.
Gaming/Hobby funds are currently depleted, otherwise I'd get another pair or an adapter. Like I said I'm not too well versed in whats currently possible via mods. It seems like there's some things that should have the hardware support, like Bluetooth audio and unauthorized third party controllers, even other OSes.
I have an app on my Xperia that turns it into a Bluetooth game pad, is there a way to sync that to my switch?

Reactions: apfelsaft45

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MY BEST ADVISE IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY
and before you hack or use cfw or homebrew is to make a clean backup

make a full nand backup this does not require joycons

SEE HERE
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

As for joycons you could buy your self
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786JC6VW

Use this plugged into dock and you may use a xbox ps3 or other controller

Last edited by Canna,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemon quest

c4pt1n54n0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the game suggestions, that was the immediate fix I needed :yayswitch:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

MY BEST ADVISE IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY
and before you hack or use cfw or homebrew is to make a clean backup

make a full nand backup this does not require joycons

SEE HERE

As for joycons you could buy your self

Use this plugged into dock and you may use a xbox ps3 or other controller

Oh yeah, good call! I'll definitely backup before messing with anything. I just feel like it's a massive waste to get some adapter when most wireless controllers already make use of Bluetooth, the only thing that makes them not work is software, or intentional lack thereof. Wiimotes connect over normal Bluetooth if I remember correctly, I've been wondering if Nintendo have disabled normal Bluetooth stuff to stop backwards hardware compatibility.
Guess I'll have to keep waiting for someone exponentially smarter than me to figure it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1