Can Joy-Con serial numbers be viewed without a Switch?

Mikamiyamoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I volunteered to send in my friend's Joy-Cons that are drifting to be repaired. Unfortunately, I didn't know the packing slip Nintendo asks you to include needs their serial numbers (unless "Joy-Con #" has some other meaning). My friend still has the console itself, and the serials apparently can only be viewed through the console's system settings. Is it possible to view them some other way, like when connected to a PC by bluetooth?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I volunteered to send in my friend's Joy-Cons that are drifting to be repaired. Unfortunately, I didn't know the packing slip Nintendo asks you to include needs their serial numbers (unless "Joy-Con #" has some other meaning). My friend still has the console itself, and the serials apparently can only be viewed through the console's system settings. Is it possible to view them some other way, like when connected to a PC by bluetooth?

Won't be able to get the serial number without the joycon itself.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if they will check if the serial number you put on the packaging slip match with the joycon shell because typically the serial number is on the back of the shell, unless your friend shell swap the joycon shell.

Mikamiyamoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The serial numbers on the shell are generic for all Joy-Cons, so I don't think they'll use those for identification. That's why I needed the internal serial numbers that are usually only visible through the Switch system menu.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The serial numbers on the shell are generic for all Joy-Cons, so I don't think they'll use those for identification. That's why I needed the internal serial numbers that are usually only visible through the Switch system menu.

They are the same on the packaging bag that come with the joycon as inside the switch serial number info tab.

Mikamiyamoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are the same on the outside as inside the switch serial number info tab.
This isn't the case! The numbers on the shell describe the general model of the Joy-Con, but there's also an individual serial number for each unit, which is a long string starting with the letter X, like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't the case! The numbers on the shell describe the general model of the Joy-Con, but there's also an individual serial number for each unit, which is a long string starting with the letter X, like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

My fault I meant that there is the serial number in the box the switch switch come with, the serial number is on the plastic bag they put the joycon in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste