Hacking Question What can I do with 1.0.0 switch and sx os pro ?

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello everyone,
i got 1.0.0 switch and i was planning to wait for emunand for buying sx os or atmosphere, but today my friend gave me sx os pro package as a gift so i wanted to know what can i do with it on my 1.0.0 switch ?
i have no rush for playing switch games, i have other consoles and i probably will continue wait for emunand, but i would like to know what can i do for now ?
thanks for all helping...

Reactions: charlieb

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
playing zelda is nice idea but i already played it on wii u, i will wait for emunand or will listen cute GUI sounds lol

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You can do the following

Load and register the pro

Side load nand backup program and backup nand

Update to latest ofw without burning fuses

Dump all your carts and then have them show on the home screen.

Once on latest downloaded pokemon tournament and all game updates in original mode.

The rest is up to you

Reactions: RAGER and gameboy

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What he said...

Nand backup with Hekate.

AutoRCM... Very important!

Upgrade with a combination of hacdiskmount, memloader and the other one that begins with Choidujour.

Enjoy.

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do the following

Load and register the pro

Side load nand backup program and backup nand

Update to latest ofw without burning fuses

Dump all your carts and then have them show on the home screen.

Once on latest downloaded pokemon tournament and all game updates in original mode.

The rest is up to you

i read something about updating without burning fuses makes errors on card reader when i install my lower fw nand, do you know anything about it ?

Last edited by aytug25,

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I only own USA loz and JPN ppt and they both play on my 1.0 no fuse burn on 5.1
thanks for answer, i guess i will take a nand backup and will wait for emunand,
i saw your messages on 3ds sections and ps3 sections how much consoles do you have :D:D

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for answer, i guess i will take a nand backup and will wait for emunand,
i saw your messages on 3ds sections and ps3 sections how much consoles do you have :D:D

Emunand not required once you have upgraded without burning fuses. Take a NAND backup of both firmwares and swap at your leisure. Bear in mind that if you upgrade then downgrade, it may cause an issue with the card reader

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
any fw > 3.0.2 updates card reader so it no longer works on 1.0.0
so, if i update to 5.1 fw without burning fuses, when i turn back to 1.0.0 my card reader wont work ? but if i update 5.1 again, will my card reader works or it wont work permanently ?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only own USA loz and JPN ppt and they both play on my 1.0 no fuse burn on 5.1

Have you tried flashing your backup nand back down to 1.0 to see if the cart reader still works though?
I believe that is the problem with updating beyond 3.0.2

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried flashing your backup nand back down to 1.0 to see if the cart reader still works though?

Have not tried yet. The way i see it the main reason i want to be on 1.0 is a base for emunand. The way i see it once a cold boot is released I'll backup my current. Downgrade to 1.0. Install cold boot, point to emunand of my latest backup.

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii, wii u, 3ds, dreamcast, switch, ps3, ps4, n64, psp, xbox and xbox 360. All modded
you should buy ps vita too, you have great archive, i am jealous you lol

i didnt try anything yet, and probably wont try before being sure 100%, because in my country nintendo is not selling products officially and i cant find any services, if i ruin something...

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
you should buy ps vita too, you have great archive, i am jealous you lol

I have been building my mod empire since i got my snes doctored in 1997. I'm also lucky that my wife supports my hobby and is a casual gamer. I will eventually get a vita but i have a few other projects i need to finish first.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coldboot really doesn't seem like it's worth all this hassle. But you guys do you. Obviously a software coldboot solution would be more convenient. It just seems like you'd have to reboot a ton to make all the time and effort worth while. Unless it's just for the "because I can" or the cool factor which I understand. I did the NAND dump hardmod on my Wii U for funzies.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a 1.0.0 and am currently on the latest firmware so I don't have a paperweight and I'll go back down when emunand comes out, couldn't care less about my cartridge slot seeing as I'll never play any games on 1.0.0 anyway

Reactions: Ronhero

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Coldboot really doesn't seem like it's worth all this hassle. But you guys do you. Obviously a software coldboot solution would be more convenient. It just seems like you'd have to reboot a ton to make all the time and effort worth while. Unless it's just for the "because I can" or the cool factor which I understand. I did the NAND dump hardmod on my Wii U for funzies.

For me its because i can and the fact i spent days getting a 1.0 below msrp. This is a hobby for me and i dont want to burn a bridge (or a fuse) that will make me wish later that i hadn't taken a few extra steps

I have a 1.0.0 and am currently on the latest firmware so I don't have a paperweight and I'll go back down when emunand comes out, couldn't care less about my cartridge slot seeing as I'll never play any games on 1.0.0 anyway

Exactly my point

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest version of Rajkosto's guide side-steps the cartridge problem by essentially giving the cartridge slot a copy of the firmware it's already running. This allows you to keep the slot un-updated. The downside is that the cartridge slot is unusable while >= 4.0.0 if you do this, but this can be reversed at any time by downgrading below 4.0.0 again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ