Gaming What can be usefull from an old 3ds sd card backup?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
When i sold my 3ds i kept a backup of the sd card. but the "nintendo 3ds" folder is taking more than 50GB and i wanted to get rid of this backup.
is there something inside that can be used or that i may had forgot to transfer to a new console?

when i got rid of the 3ds i made a nand backup, extracted saves and miis, i am afraid that i had forgot something that was worth to move into a new console
I didn't used the 3ds transfer thing, so i believe there is nothing inside that i can use anymore?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got bad news.

Your Nintendo 3DS folder can't be used on another 3DS system because the contents and files are encrypted / tied to that specific one it came from. *

* Unless you extracted something called the movable.sed file from within the NAND backup.

To get to the movable.sed, you need the original 3DS to mount that NAND image, which this too is encrypted. **

** Unless you have the essential.exefs and/or otp.bin files, allowing you to mount the NAND image on desktop with fuse-3ds.

To get to both essential.exefs and/or otp.bin files, you need the original 3DS to extract them from...

//////////

I don't suppose you ever made backups of your game saves using Checkpoint or JKSM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...