What are the functions in preloader (v.029)?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SG, Oct 28, 2010.

Oct 28, 2010
  1. SG
    OP

Member SG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I installed it as part of a hacked menu but I have 'Installed File' and 'Load/Install File' and don't kow what they're for. I really want to familiarise myself with everything homebrew related. There doesn't appear to be a n00b guide section!

2. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Load/install file is so that you can setup a program to run from within preloader then 'installed file' is to run it.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to priiloader (a continuation of preloader from another author since preloader is now well over a year out of date) as it's more stable and supports a few more features.

3. hybrid -x1

Member hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is prii/preloader's sole function..well most important

if you FUCK UP by doing something on yer wii
    prii/preloader saves your ass a lot of money etc etc.

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The problem is, priiloader will not save you from 90% of the problems you can cause to your wii. The only things it can really protect you from are....

A: A bad installed theme

or

B: A banner brick (a malformed banner in a custom channel or a corrupted banner in any channel)

The majority of bricks that people do tend to be IOS related (deleting random IOS because a guide told them to, upgrading their system menu IOS to a stub since they use an older system menu, etc etc) which priiloader won't save you from (since, last I checked, it runs off the same IOS as system menu)

5. SG
    OP

Member SG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    As I already have it I may as well upgrade though. I've downloaded the latest files but don't know how to install - help? [​IMG]

6. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    use ModMii resoftmod your Wii and you have everithing working and updated