What are the functions in preloader (v.029)?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SG, Oct 28, 2010.

1. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    I installed it as part of a hacked menu but I have 'Installed File' and 'Load/Install File' and don't kow what they're for. I really want to familiarise myself with everything homebrew related. There doesn't appear to be a n00b guide section!

2. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    Load/install file is so that you can setup a program to run from within preloader then 'installed file' is to run it.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to priiloader (a continuation of preloader from another author since preloader is now well over a year out of date) as it's more stable and supports a few more features.

3. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    this is prii/preloader's sole function..well most important

if you FUCK UP by doing something on yer wii
    prii/preloader saves your ass a lot of money etc etc.

4. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    The problem is, priiloader will not save you from 90% of the problems you can cause to your wii. The only things it can really protect you from are....

A: A bad installed theme

or

B: A banner brick (a malformed banner in a custom channel or a corrupted banner in any channel)

The majority of bricks that people do tend to be IOS related (deleting random IOS because a guide told them to, upgrading their system menu IOS to a stub since they use an older system menu, etc etc) which priiloader won't save you from (since, last I checked, it runs off the same IOS as system menu)

5. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    As I already have it I may as well upgrade though. I've downloaded the latest files but don't know how to install - help? [​IMG]

6. Porobu

Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Sep 12, 2009
    use ModMii resoftmod your Wii and you have everithing working and updated

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice