Hardware What are the functions in preloader (v.029)?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I installed it as part of a hacked menu but I have 'Installed File' and 'Load/Install File' and don't kow what they're for. I really want to familiarise myself with everything homebrew related. There doesn't appear to be a n00b guide section!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load/install file is so that you can setup a program to run from within preloader then 'installed file' is to run it.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to priiloader (a continuation of preloader from another author since preloader is now well over a year out of date) as it's more stable and supports a few more features.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is prii/preloader's sole function..well most importantly if you FUCK UP by doing something on your wii prii/preloader saves your ass a lot of money etc etc.

Last edited by KingMuk,

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, priiloader will not save you from 90% of the problems you can cause to your wii. The only things it can really protect you from are....

A: A bad installed theme

or

B: A banner brick (a malformed banner in a custom channel or a corrupted banner in any channel)

The majority of bricks that people do tend to be IOS related (deleting random IOS because a guide told them to, upgrading their system menu IOS to a stub since they use an older system menu, etc etc) which priiloader won't save you from (since, last I checked, it runs off the same IOS as system menu)

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I already have it I may as well upgrade though. I've downloaded the latest files but don't know how to install - help?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: