Hacking Discussion What are/should 1.0.0 users be waiting for?

Frieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Last edited by Frieren,
Reactions: abk14459

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1.0.0 is the only fw wich can enter rcm without jig. Isn't it? And you can do it right now:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fusee-payloads-and-not-a-wire-in-sight-1-0-0-only.502103/
It's a big advantage for me. I don't want to have a deal with pins, jig or wires. So, i think it's worth to stay on 1.0.0 if you want to run payloads thru software only.
IIRC yes, it is the only one (Can be wrong tho).
And maybe someone will create fake news for it (if it is possible).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Misinformation again. 1.0.0 will get a coldboot on launch when everything above up to 4.1.0 might get a coldboot in the future
Untethered coldboot, if it happens, will likely be limited to 1.0.0-3.0.1.

Edit: My phone wasn't loading the new posts after this, so other people have already told you the same thing.

Last edited by Lacius,

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
yea im hoping for that too, im gonna get my hands on a joycon rail and modify it and just slide it in.
and honestly im off better with a mod chip

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Can't wait for "normal user" avaliable mod chip (or at least tutorial on how to do one :D ).
honestly i had the switch for 2 month and got a 1.0.0 from amazon usa.
imagine the pure luck. havent played witb it except bomberman and cant stand it :D

regarding the mod chip i have another switch that i got and revived.will be my lab rat for all the kinky stuff down the road :D
2 month and i own 2 switches and a 3rd in the closet :D
and havent played a whole hour on my main one, games are super super expensive here in my country, let alone the console :D

Last edited by Xandroz,

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow. So many advantages for 1.0.0 and more on the way

Not really,
If you leave your switch in sleep mode like its intended to be in most of the time(like all mobile devices) then your going to need jigs and running payloads once every few months anyway. Sure its a benefit but is it a big one? Hardly.
If your constantly powering down the switch, which is actually worse for the battery, then I suppose you might save some time? Otherwise what you gain is a pretty trivial benefit if you ask me, and that is provided that coldboot actually comes at one point(which is no guarantee). If I had one I would probably sell it ;).

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Not really,
If you leave your switch in sleep mode like its intended to be in most of the time(like all mobile devices) then your going to need jigs and running payloads once every few months anyway. Sure its a benefit but is it a big one? Hardly.
If your constantly powering down the switch, which is actually worse for the battery, then I suppose you might save some time? Otherwise what you gain is a pretty trivial benefit if you ask me, and that is provided that coldboot actually comes at one point(which is no guarantee). If I had one I would probably sell it ;).
Still better "possible coldboot" than "no coldboot". Don't forget that you can't downgrade and that lower FWs have better exploits.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you get rid of it or update you'll never get it back, so you might as well keep it... especially if in a few weeks emunand is possible you'll just regret losing it

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
True! But for the small difference it makes, I would sell it if it becomes worth a lot ;). That is just me though. If I had a 1.0 I definitely wouldn't update just for its value.
That's why I have 2 Switches (1.0.0 and 5.0.2) ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would it be worth a lot if it's almost pointless now? there was a 1.0.0 hype until everything happened recently now it's more of a niche
Rareness. Try and find/buy 1.0.0 unit. Probably impossible nowadays for a normal price.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4