Hacking Discussion What are/should 1.0.0 users be waiting for?

abk14459

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch 1.0.0 switch. I've kept it all this time without updating, playing only zelda and mk8. I haven't bought jap puyo puyo because I'm hoping I won't need it when a cfw comes out if that's even possible. I've been reading about the exfat issue and how only 4.0.1 FW can get it. Should I update and use the team executer dongle or are there better options to get exfat compatibility? Also, what are other 1.0.0 users waiting for or what have they done to theirs?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Buy Japanese Puyo and get ready for coldboot soon™️. No need for exFAT driver if you format your SD to FAT32. (But you can install it if someone dumps it for you.)

Last edited by SomeGamer,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1.0.0 - 4.1.0:
- Atmosphere CFW
- possible coldboot (which might never come)
everyone else
- Atmosphere CFW

and you don't puyo for CFW, if you are okay with hardmod.

abk14459

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy Japanese Puyo and get ready for coldboot soon™️. No need for exFAT driver if you format your SD to FAT32. (But you can install it if someone dumps it for you.)
Isn't there a limit for Fat32. I was planning on getting a 200gb+ card and I believe it can only register as exfat. Can I install the dump on 1.0.0?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1.0.0 - 4.1.0:
- Atmosphere CFW
- possible coldboot (which might never come)
everyone else
- Atmosphere CFW

and you don't puyo for CFW, if you are okay with hardmod.
So there's no way around it for softmod then?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Isn't there a limit for Fat32. I was planning on getting a 200gb+ card and I believe it can only register as exfat. Can I install the dump on 1.0.0?
fat32 limit is 2TB and IIRC you can install that dump on any FW.

So there's no way around it for softmod then?
there is for 1.0.0 right now (you need puyo for it) and there will be one for 4.0.1 and lower in the future once Atmosphere launches (I think).

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
if you can get puyo and install fake news and resell it go ahead.
im on 1.0 and cant get puyo so im mainly going with a diy modchip or rcm untill something comes out

abk14459

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can get puyo and install fake news and resell it go ahead.
im on 1.0 and cant get puyo so im mainly going with a diy modchip or rcm untill something comes out
Yeah. Figured. I just ordered a used copy from Amazon. After I install web browser, I'm just going to return it for full refund.

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yeah. Figured. I just ordered a used copy from Amazon. After I install web browser, I'm just going to return it for full refund.
you need a jap version of puyo not the normal one

there are no used jap puyo on amazon, they are more expensive than the new one make sure your getting the right copy

abk14459

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a jap version of puyo not the normal one

there are no used jap puyo on amazon, they are more expensive than the new one make sure your getting the right copy
There's a couple of used jap copies coming from Japan. Costs a couple of dollars more than new ones but eligible to get full refund through Amazon. Cant return new copies that are opened for full refund so got used one.

Reactions: Xandroz

ravensfan8448

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hekate>homebrew launcher works right now on 1.0.0 through rcm so wait for atmosphere and emunand so you can keep 1.0.0 and update the emunand

I just bought a new switch a few days ago after learning about the recent hacking scene developments and my unit is on 1.0.0. I've read through various threads here and I see "emunand" brought up a lot but I don't really understand what It means/what it would allow me to do.

The two main things that I have so far discovered I can't do on my 1.0.0 firmware is using my 256gb micro SD and playing DLC 2 of Zelda BOTW (requires 4.1). This thread leads me to believe I can just reformat my micro sd to FAT 32 to solve my first problem, would "updating my emunand" allow me to keep my 1.0.0 firmware for easier homebrew stuff AND let me play games that require higher firmwares? If so I'll definitely stay on 1.0. Otherwise, the games take priority for me I think.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new switch a few days ago after learning about the recent hacking scene developments and my unit is on 1.0.0. I've read through various threads here and I see "emunand" brought up a lot but I don't really understand what It means/what it would allow me to do.

The two main things that I have so far discovered I can't do on my 1.0.0 firmware is using my 256gb micro SD and playing DLC 2 of Zelda BOTW (requires 4.1). This thread leads me to believe I can just reformat my micro sd to FAT 32 to solve my first problem, would "updating my emunand" allow me to keep my 1.0.0 firmware for easier homebrew stuff AND let me play games that require higher firmwares? If so I'll definitely stay on 1.0. Otherwise, the games take priority for me I think.
Yes, this is the whole purpose of EmuNAND. It allows you to retain a low firmware on your Switch, or SysNAND, while enjoying all of the benefits of being on the latest firmware using EmuNAND, which is an emulated NAND partition that is being ran off your SD card. Just be aware that if you use any hacks on EmuNAND, you run the risk of getting banned. Its not a guarantee you may be banned, but its a risk to definitely be aware of.

Reactions: ravensfan8448

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse