Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normally I use nothing but I had a years free license of antivir, now i'm using nod32.

I've tried AVG in the past but its screwed me over, first it somehow managed to kill a drive, 2nd it managed to cannibalise windows. As much as people like to tote it as free, IMO its garbage, I tell people to get the free version of antivir now or pay for nod32/antivir, far superior protection, both come on top of benchmarks with antivir having more false detects than nod32.

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use AVG.

I tried a few others like Norton and McAfee and Zone Alarm but they seemed to mess about with my system too much.
I read a few microsoft articles on spyware & viruses and they named AVG and Spybot as decent tools to use against malicious threats. I was already using AVG and Spybot (wasn't ecstatic about either but they do the job) and decided to keep hold of them due to the recommendation.
AVG isn't too bad, it does grind my old laptop to a halt whilst it's scanning, but I pick a time that's conveinient.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought the Avira Premium Suite based on Antivir's supreme performance.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment I am using Kaspersky Internet Security.
No extra firewall or any other softwares installed.
No issues till now.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Currently I have avast, but somehow, that stupid autostart virus managed to go trough (from some USB or something), and avast can't detect it, however, I'm planning on getting nod32!

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have McAfee but use ubuntu for XXX
wink.gif

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work at Geeksquad, so I get to see a lot of different people coming in with viruses, with a variety of anti-virus software installed among them. We sell 4 different anti-virus software, but most of the time people walk out with the cheapest one(Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus). I might see more people come back in with a malware infection with Webroot SS w/AV because we sell more, or because it just sucks, I can't tell, but what I can tell is that I've never seen anyone come back in with Kaspersky. I use Avast! because it's free, but Kaspersky really seems to shine at protection. Many of the other infected computers had McAfee and AVG, so those are also low rated in my book.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what about tacos?