Hacking WFS USB Block Injector

dimok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you're saying that the others bytes are the same between WiiU/vWii NG ID?

And nah, IMHO the only sensitive informations is the NG ID in the first 4 bytes; I'll send my 12 bytes to you tomorrow, when I can access my PC ;) .

Also, I don't know if vWii use the same chip of WiiU mode, but even if this is the case, maybe you need to call the seeprom with raw read calls...It's gonna be complex...

Well. Of course you have to toggle the GPIO lines directly and bitbang the SPI data at a precise clock. That is as low level as it can get with software on the Wii U. But the code is already available to the public here:
https://github.com/dimok789/seeprom2sd/blob/master/arm_kernel/source/main.c#L54

You can basically use the exact same code on the Wii U and Wii as the IC is of the same type just of a different size. The HW registers got even the same address and the processor clock is equal on both systems. It's 1:1 usable.

Hmm I see. So Maxternal already tried dumping the seeprom from vWii. Since he got an empty file this must mean the SPI pins are locked out for the vWii. That's too bad

Last edited by dimok,

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well. Of course you have to toggle the GPIO lines directly and bitbang the SPI data at a precise clock. That is as low level as it can get with software on the Wii U. But the code is already available to the public here:
https://github.com/dimok789/seeprom2sd/blob/master/arm_kernel/source/main.c#L54

You can basically use the exact same code on the Wii U and Wii as the IC is of the same type just of a different size. The HW registers got even the same address and the processor clock is equal on both systems. It's 1:1 usable.

Hmm I see. So Maxternal already tried dumping the seeprom from vWii. Since he got an empty file this must mean the SPI pins are locked out for the vWii. That's too bad
So, it isn't worth the try? Maybe his code was wrong... I don't think there a lot of people experienced enough to do that...
Also, we can't/don't know how to reactivate the pin after we switch to vWii mode, right?
...but if we can write?

Last edited by Valery0p,

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, it isn't worth the try? Maybe his code was wrong... I don't think there a lot of people experienced enough to do that...
Also, we can't/don't know how to reactivate the pin after we switch to vWii mode, right?
...but if we can write?
If you dump SEEPROM in the Wii U with the same code used for Wii and if vWii can access the SEEPROM, Xyzzy should work, right?

Enviado de meu 6039J usando Tapatalk

wiiupoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it doesn't transfer the seeprom.

It formats the console (increment seeprom key), redownloads content and transfers save game data from the old console which stored on a flash card. It will encrypt this save game data as it is reading it from flash card.

I was thinking to do a system transfer of an exploit encapsulated within a save game, have the virgin wii encrypted this exploit, identify the exploit in raw USB data, move the raw data on the USB to overwrite the content portion of the haxchi title.

This may have been possible if the drive was encrypted using AES-ECB as I initially thought.

This isn't possible since as these two talented devs pointed out, the drive is encrypted with CBC. Pattern identification is impossible CBC as is moving around data.

Last edited by wiiupoo,
Reactions: Valery0p

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have a SEEPROM dump and don't mind to share the last 12 bytes of your Wii U USB key seed (without console ID) and the SEEPROM version code, download this very simple parser (put in the same folder where is seeprom.bin, run it and just open the file "values.txt") or find those numbers with a hex editor (2A:2B and B4:BF) and send me a PM. Maybe the seeds are not completely random and we can do something for some 5.5.2 users.

Last edited by Corredor,
Reactions: Masterwin

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip dimok, I really hope that what you're saying is true (even if I've read somewhere that the chips used on vwii are different) ...
Anyway, I've found something interesting, while reading trough my otp and seeprom dumps:
http://imgur.com/a/fUh2q

View attachment 94967

It may be only a random thing, but the wii NG ID (actually dumpable from an hacked vWii) and the wii U NG ID are almost the same!

If this is true, we found a way to dump at least 3 bytes of the wiiu usb seed! :D
Can anyone with an OTP dump confirm this?
Mine is the same except the first number (on wii it's 2, on wii u it's 4).

Reactions: Valery0p

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a "keys.bin" file that I don't know where I got it. but it's got my Wii NG ID in the hex file. Also in the Hex file it has YAWMM_DE. was this file possibly dumped with YAWMM program when i hack the vwii?

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got a "keys.bin" file that I don't know where I got it. but it's got my Wii NG ID in the hex file. Also in the Hex file it has YAWMM_DE. was this file possibly dumped with YAWMM program when i hack the vwii?
These are your vWii keys, probably you got them when you did Nand backup or you run Xyzzy.

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What information from the seeprom does the usb block injector use?
Wii U USB seed key (bytes from B0 to C0). The first four bytes are your Wii U NG, which is similar to the Wii NG. But the last 12 bytes can't be known except by SEEPROM dump. I'm trying to figure out if these numbers are somehow shared by SEEPROMs with the same version code.

Last edited by Corredor,

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It doesn't matter right now, because we already have an entry point for 5.5.2 systems. Anyway, just for information sake, the last 12 bytes of the Wii U key seed are random. I've compared SEEPROMs with the same version codes and they have completely different Wii U key seeds. I think the Wii U key seeds are randomly generated in manufacturing process. Maybe even Nintendo doesn't have a record of the numbers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking